MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
Hi Marylanders! Does anyone know somewhere I could get a couple of Silkie hens? I'm in Baltimore County, but I'm willing to go just about anywhere!

Hi!
Feathered Friend, I have blue and black Silkies. I'm sure there is a spare rooster in there. I was just thinking of cutting back on them, actually. We have too many for the little coop they are in. I'm sure I will have eggs in the spring as well. Nobody is laying right now.

If you look on CL right now for Frederick area, there is a BYcer on there selling white Silkies. I saw his birds yesterday. Very nice. I bought 2 EE and 2 Maran pullets from him to keep my SFH roos happy while I look for SFH ladies and make it easy to pull crossbred eggs for eating, not hatching.

I can't see where you are in MD...the new iPad format makes that a bit difficult now. I am in Mt. Airy.
really need I

Heather,

Thanks. I think she is adorable too and quite a character. She is not a Salmon Faverolle though, she is a Wheaten Ameraucana. They have beards and muffs and lay blue or turquoise eggs. I got four of them last June at the Maryland Poultry Swap at Greenhill Farm in Sharpsburg, MD. (I am wary of hatchery and shipped birds, too and it seemed that most people there were breeders selling their own birds.) They are having another swap on June 8, 2013. It is a lot of fun to see all the different types of birds and farm animals. I was told that mine came from BYCer Peachick's stock (Signature Feathers Farm) though I did not purchase directly from her.

Hello all,

I am thinking of ordering chicks from Whitmore farm (www.whitmorefarm.com) but they have a 6 chick minimum for on farm pick up and I only have coop space left for 2-3 max. Would anyone be interested in splitting an order? I could place and pay for the order, do the on farm pick up, and then meet you at a mutually agreeable time and place where you would get your part of the order and reimburse me for whatever I paid Whitmore for them. I live in Western Howard County, MD and work in Montgomery County, MD.

Anna Lee

Back
Top Bottom