MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
We have had chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys here since 1984. I previously owned chickens as far back as 1963.
Mostly Barred Plymouth Rocks, White Ply. Rocks, mostly barnyard mixes. Just started pure Welsummers and Rhode Island Whites. Hey, I have an extra Welsummer rooster that needs rehomming - interested?

The show is in Harrisburg and runs until the 12th :/ I figure it would be to far away for many if not all Md people ^^ just thought I'd ask ^^ hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Or....you come learn when we do ours
wink.png
Indeed I could. I see you too homeschool.

Yep. Some days I wish we didn't, but on others, I can't imagine any other way. LOL

No, I don't think we will make it to the PA farm show this year. Too many projects going on, hubby gets this Friday off, so we are packing that day full of things to do that require two adults since I work weekends. I hear it's a good show though....maybe next year.

Feathered Friend, a BYCer has B/B/S Silkie eggs on Frederick CL for $10/6 eggs. He lives in Thurmont. The listing went up early January.

I'm looking for chicken-friendly folks in Montgomery County! We've started a yahoo group, and would love to get as many people linked in as possible!
We've just worked hard to get chicken-friendly zoning code written, but need as many voices as possible to make sure it gets past the County Council in Feb/March!

[email protected]

Hey Marylanders, Im in Washington Co. and take my birds to Rufus Martin on Mansfield Rd. In Sharpsburg. His family does a wonderful job. They process every Tue. Drop off live birds in cages before 7am. And, leave coolers with ice. Come back and pick up around 2 and pay about $2 a bird. He's not state or USDA certified though.. no one is in MD to process birds on a regular basis. There is also a place in Greencastle, PA. and Haymarket, VA.

Back
Top Bottom