May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

I couldn’t decide whether to go on lock down on day 18 or 19, so I split the difference and just put two sets of eggs on lock down halfway through the 18th. I believe you should stop turning the day before, technically you can stop turning from day 15 or 16 as far as I know. I stopped turning the day before and then put one batch of eggs on lockdown yesterday another batch today.
The first set is pipping! From what I’ve been reading on this forum, you can wait a little longer (day 19) if you’re concerned about your cell sizes. See if other more knowledgeable people chime in! Good luck!😊
Ah thank you ! All seems really good so I'm gonna start lockdown now then ! Excited !

It's that time again :jumpy

All hatchers and birds welcome :frow

Don't forget to share pics because we all love pics of cute little fluffers 📷

Memorial Day Hatch

Chicken- Set on May 4th

Quail- Set on May 7th

Turkeys/Guinea/Ducks (Not Muscovy)- Set on April 27th

Muscovy- Set on April 20th
Can't wait to see what Pops out! I set 8 Sizzlers on May 12th & Lockdown is in 1 week!

Her mom was a mystery hen (my avatar) splash, her dad was a splash frizzle who never had feathers and mostly looked like a guy with out pants. Mom laid purple-y pink egg, dad had green egg gene she is a gray egg layer- "Greyslyn." She is very old. You can see her eggs I think there is a grey egg thread you can look up in forums.

Day 19 and I am peeking every hour to see if any one is moving, because of course they all quit in the past day! This is the most exciting/worst thing ever :barnie Maybe 14 blue/splash Ameraucana and 3 Ameraucana mixes.
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200524220728741.jpg

Back
Top Bottom