May hatch-a-long

Pics
Yeah that's the umbilical it didn't detach properly. You can put an antibiotic ointment around the navel to prevent infection but for the most part it looks dry it's just stuck it will come off with time.
Thanks for your help it fell of by its self. I’m still waiting on the bantam egg to pip hopefully I wake up and she has hatched I will keep you up dated

Day 7 candle and clean out.

None of the bantam eggs took, so i tossed all 11. Of the standards I placed 14 and added 1 the second day. So of 15 I tossed 3 for no development and have 3 more in question, one of which is the late add. Total 12 eggs sti in the bator.

Oh and the chicks which are now a week old are STILL in my kitchen, I really need to move them...

Day 7 candle and clean out.

None of the bantam eggs took, so i tossed all 11. Of the standards I placed 14 and added 1 the second day. So of 15 I tossed 3 for no development and have 3 more in question, one of which is the late add. Total 12 eggs sti in the bator.

Oh and the chicks which are now a week old are STILL in my kitchen, I really need to move them...
You must have a great candler I have tried to candle on day 7 and sometimes I don't see anything but buy day 10 is something their so now I just candle starting day 10. It would be nice to know if an egg is good or bad early.

My BLRW egg in lockdown still hasn't pipped! I am so super nervous! I am thinking if there is no pip I may do a tiny hole/look-see. As of yesterday morning, the embryo was moving a teeny bit, but that is it so far. Pleasepleeeeeeeeeeeease I hope this baby makes it! They are my only eggie!
What day are you on now? Did you water candle?

Back
Top Bottom