Mille Cochin Info

i should also mention i just set 20 more eggs last night, and have the first 7 or so due the 29th. 8)

ok... 20 mille fleur cochins that is... plus 16 dorking, 6 sfh and another 39 more cochin eggs (silver laced, gold laced, red, partridge, buff columbian and a couple bonus lemon blues).

Last edited:
Hello, new to the forum and joined mostly to ask a question here! I picked up an unwanted bantam cochin rooster last fall as a 6 month old, and kept him around as a mascot. When searching for his color I realized about a month ago he was a Mille Fleur. I thought it would be fun to add this as a breeding project to my farm but haven't a clue where to start. Any specific pages in the last 600 someone could recommend, or possibly a website? He's a viable roo, with silkie cross babies hatched now, but I want to find cochin hens for him. I was thinking buff or red as I might could find some locally, or would mottled be better, his brother was mottled I think? I can't order hatching eggs right this moment, and would like to find him some girlfriends. I'm having trouble finding genetic info on this color strain, the only solid info I found was using buff columbian hens, which I would have to order as well. Oh and I have no idea on his background, the people I got him from I think got him with some purebred chicks from a backyard cochin breeder, so random diamond in the rough?

Thanks for any help, here's a photo of him, Squeaky.

You might also try a woman on here by the name of westknollamy She usually has birds or eggs for sale She also has some of the better ones But good luck with your project

Some of my Mille's from this weekend's hatch. I'm always amazed at the various colors they hatch out. What do you all make of the purely yellow chick. Kind of odd, especially since Dad is Mottled and the various hens he's with are pretty dark too.
I have 3 chicks!!!!!!! Hatched by Pearl; 3/4 Mille fleur, 1/4 Mottled. She is very pretty but not close to a Mille fleur color. She has some of the best type I've raised so I bred her to my roo Karl. One chick is very white like she was. Another has a peach blush on yellow. That is a lot like what Karl's down was. The other chick, not in the picture, is a light chipmunk with a little grey.
Pearl and two chicks

Pearl last Fall

Karl

Last edited:
pop.gif
Ready for the next "peppermint" movie!

Loved the video
thumbsup.gif
Yes, love her.

Ok, it keeps coming back and wiped out my entire grow out pen including my little man Henry. There was a bunch of headless chicks in a neat pile. Not sure why it piled them up. There was on survivor that got stuck under wire trying to get free. I think his chances of surviving are very slim. He still got cut up pretty bad under the wire. I have a lot of traps and I'm hoping it will come back searching for the little chick. If it enters the grow out again it isn.y going to get out alive. My only hope is that it doesn't skip on over into the LF Cochin pen on the other side of the grow out.
Oh No!, You have had some tough losses this year!

Back
Top Bottom