Muscovy keepers share your pics!

My Scovy Luda growing up! He's 9 weeks old now
smile.png
@LudasMummy Welcome to BYC and what a gorgeous Scovy Luda is

Okay everyone I recently thought my two black and white muscovy ducks were male and my white duck is a female. So imagine my surprise when I came out and saw my one black and white duck fighting and holding down my other black and white duck it appeared like they were copulating, he help the other one down quite a few long seconds. Aside from vent sexing these two, is there another way? Here are pics of the ducks in question and the white female.

The duck in the background is the one that was on top of the other black and white one in the foreground and of course my female is the all white one. Sorry this may not be a good picture I have a couple more.

The next one and last one is a picture of the transgressor
Drakes do this to each other hold the other one down it's dominance the transgressor is def drake. Best way other than vent sexing is size drakes are huge compared to ducks and they have a rather long cork screw male part that you can not miss if your looking.

Hi guys...this is my young drake and my young muscovy hen...3 and a half months old...just wanna ask you guys..can i put my young drake together with my 7 month muscovy hen? I wanna breed them together...can my young drake mate eventhough he is just 3 month and a half old?

Hi guys...this is my young drake and my young muscovy hen...3 and a half months old...just wanna ask you guys..can i put my young drake together with my 7 month muscovy hen? I wanna breed them together...can my young drake mate eventhough he is just 3 month and a half old?
@kenji92 still a little young at 3.5 months old. He probably will get interested around 5-6 months. Very pretty Scovy's.

@kenji92
    still a little young at 3.5 months old. He probably will get interested around 5-6 months. Very pretty Scovy's.

Thank you...they both will reach 5 months old this march...i hope my drake will have a lot of caruncle..it will make him look fierce and beautiful! :D

Thank you...they both will reach 5 months old this march...i hope my drake will have a lot of caruncle..it will make him look fierce and beautiful!
big_smile.png
I find my Muscovy's mature slower than other domestics most of the time my females are 8-9 months old before they lay an egg, I'm sure others can say theirs started earlier so maybe you'll see mating at 5 months, time will tell.

Okay everyone I recently thought my two black and white muscovy ducks were male and my white duck is a female. So imagine my surprise when I came out and saw my one black and white duck fighting and holding down my other black and white duck it appeared like they were copulating, he help the other one down quite a few long seconds. Aside from vent sexing these two, is there another way? Here are pics of the ducks in question and the white female.

The duck in the background is the one that was on top of the other black and white one in the foreground and of course my female is the all white one. Sorry this may not be a good picture I have a couple more.

The next one and last one is a picture of the transgressor

look like boys to me. they are big and already have a lot of caruncle. the white one is a girl.

I drove the three hours, both ways, and brought home two solid Lavender hens. I am very happy except that one immediately escaped. Thanks to my son and his skinned knee, he brought the convict back where she immediately had her wings clipped.

She seems a little more mellow today. That was the craziest Muscovy I have ever dealt with and I have the wounds to prove it. Lol!!!!

I will have pictures soon.

I had that happen with Quasi and Esmeralda, the day after we got them they flew the fence much to the surprise of my boyfriends kids who were waiting for the bus and the amusement of our neighbor Lol

Back
Top Bottom