Muscovy keepers share your pics!

The hen I am trying to ID is the light colored one. (in the top picture, she's the one on the right. In the middle picture, she is the one in the middle.)

The bottom picture is lavender, correct?
Here's another picture, the same lavender (I think!) hen and a drake her same age.
6601801995_a65d7b0365.jpg

They are both out of my black and white hen and drake as well.

I've gotten 6 chocolates out of them in the past year and all 6 have ended up as hens. Does that sound right? I have some pictures if you need them. I also have a blue fawn drake and hen, and these chocolates are much darker colored. That's why I say the are chocolate and not blue fawn.

Muscovy colors can be so confusing, but they are so fun!

Do you think this one will be like your drake? I've had a few like this, but never kept them around long enough to see how they feather out as adults.
6601871359_243c3d3f02.jpg

I am not sure what color those two are but they are beautiful, I was plannign on breeding them to that drake this coming year. They all have the same dad(solid blue fawn) but the hens' mom is a blue pied & the drakelets mom is a chocolate pied.

Quote:
great colours! i'm loving seeing all the unusuals. do you think that "patina" could be silver and chocolate at the same time?

Last edited:
Oh man. I just love this thread!! Thirty seven babies just went to their new homes last weekend. I hated letting any of them go but I want to bring in new bloodlines this coming year.

Of course I blame Bleenie for this!! I no longer have Indian Runner ducks nor do I have my flock of Pekins or Mallards. Bleenie got me hooked on Muscovies!!!

Laurie

Quote:
Wow gorgeous Muscovies Ryan!! And they are HUGE! They are amazing and the Silvers too!!
thumbsup.gif

I can't wait for some of my Muscovy ducklings to hatch in the spring!! Blues and Blacks
clap.gif

Quote:
I love his beak! I really need to get a good picture of his standing up. He's actually barred. I'll see if I can find my pic of him when he was younger.

Here's a pic of him when he was about 4 months old.

24335_life_on_the_farm_102010_088.jpg

Laurie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom