Muscovy keepers share your pics!

we just found this stray baby about a week ago in our garage!!! No family in sight! We adopted him! I'm guessing it a Muscovy because it seems that is all we have here in Florida!! His name is Hamilton

As we are new to taking care of our baby how often should we take him out to play? As of now we do 2x a day for 30 minutes and then he sleeps the rest of the day or eats and plays in his water
When I had a single muscovy duckling age of yours I took him out about 2-3 times a day it was nice and warm so I didn't have to worry about him getting chilled.
Hamilton sure is a cutie pie. So glad you found him and adopted him.

So my goose decided to steal my Muscovy eggs. I took them away from her but in stealing them back, she broke two of them. Plus she wanted to rip my head off so whatever. I figured she could keep them as since she hijacked the nest and planted herself right outside of it, I doubt the Muscovy is going to take her on to get the nest back. So I hope she knows what she is doing. This is her first time broody.

Super broody Muscovy duck Zoe! She is sitting on 25 eggs! Also have a link to a video of her on the nest: http://goo.gl/fvSrE3
She's pretty. I'm loving your website
smile.png

When I had a single muscovy duckling age of yours I took him out about 2-3 times a day it was nice and warm so I didn't have to worry about him getting chilled.
Hamilton sure is a cutie pie. So glad you found him and adopted him.
Re: single Muscovy duckling... I feel sorry for Fred. I put him in with the others: 16 ducks, 1 Muscovy drake and 1 Muscovy hen. He doesn't seem to have a friend in the group
sad.png
After days of working him in, the only one bothering him now is the Muscovy hen. Her name is BB and the first B is not a nice word, lol. She's mean to everyone. Anywho, will Fred be ok by himself or should I get a Muscovy or two his age? He's just now 8 wks.

She's pretty. I'm loving your website
smile.png

Re: single Muscovy duckling... I feel sorry for Fred. I put him in with the others: 16 ducks, 1 Muscovy drake and 1 Muscovy hen. He doesn't seem to have a friend in the group
sad.png
After days of working him in, the only one bothering him now is the Muscovy hen. Her name is BB and the first B is not a nice word, lol. She's mean to everyone. Anywho, will Fred be ok by himself or should I get a Muscovy or two his age? He's just now 8 wks.
When I had a single duckling I got him 3 female Muscovy's his own age to grow up with, Lost one to egg laying problems but almost 5 yrs later Opie and his 2 original girls are very close. I really think having one the same age really helps.

So my goose decided to steal my Muscovy eggs. I took them away from her but in stealing them back, she broke two of them. Plus she wanted to rip my head off so whatever. I figured she could keep them as since she hijacked the nest and planted herself right outside of it, I doubt the Muscovy is going to take her on to get the nest back. So I hope she knows what she is doing. This is her first time broody.
Instinct will kick in sounds like it already has. At least Muscovy eggs are tuff and can take a Goose tromping on them Only problem is her staying the whole 35-37 days unlike goslings that hatch 28-30

Back
Top Bottom