Muscovy keepers share your pics!

When I had a single duckling I got him 3 female Muscovy's his own age to grow up with, Lost one to egg laying problems but almost 5 yrs later Opie and his 2 original girls are very close. I really think having one the same age really helps.
Off to find Fred some friends. Thank you.

She's pretty.  I'm loving your website:)
Re: single Muscovy duckling...  I feel sorry for Fred.  I put him in with the others: 16 ducks, 1 Muscovy drake and 1 Muscovy hen.  He doesn't seem to have a friend in the group:(   After days of working him in, the only one bothering him now is the Muscovy hen.  Her name is BB and the first B is not a nice word, lol.  She's mean to everyone.  Anywho, will Fred be ok by himself or should I get a Muscovy or two his age?  He's just now 8 wks.
I would try getting some around his age to bond with. I tried putting 5 young females in with 2 older females and they pretty much tried to kill each other. I tried putting some geese in there with them with the same result. From my experience with raising muscovies over the last 20 years they seem to be very territorial towards other animals they haven't been raised around or been around for a while that are suddenly put among them. We recently got some chickens recently and put them in a pen right next to the ducks. After about 6 weeks we both the chickens and ducks into the yard together and the ducks didn't pay any attention to them. If you want to keep Fred I'd suggest buying 1 or more muscovies his age so he won't be alone and raise them in a separate pen that is within sight and sound of the other muscovies. After several months they may have been near each other enough that they may get along if put together at that point. That's the best advice I know to give you.

I would try getting some around his age to bond with. I tried putting 5 young females in with 2 older females and they pretty much tried to kill each other. I tried putting some geese in there with them with the same result. From my experience with raising muscovies over the last 20 years they seem to be very territorial towards other animals they haven't been raised around or been around for a while that are suddenly put among them. We recently got some chickens recently and put them in a pen right next to the ducks. After about 6 weeks we both the chickens and ducks into the yard together and the ducks didn't pay any attention to them. If you want to keep Fred I'd suggest buying 1 or more muscovies his age so he won't be alone and raise them in a separate pen that is within sight and sound of the other muscovies. After several months they may have been near each other enough that they may get along if put together at that point. That's the best advice I know to give you.
Thank you. I'm going to look for some girls his age now.

Ok so... finding 8 wko Muscovies seems a bit difficult, lol. I've found 2 wko and 5 mo old. He seems to be fitting in better. I noticed signs of his caruncles coming in today. I can't wait to see what he looks like as a big boy.

Ok so... finding 8 wko Muscovies seems a bit difficult, lol.  I've found 2 wko and 5 mo old.  He seems to be fitting in better.  I noticed signs of his caruncles coming in today.  I can't wait to see what he looks like as a big boy.
Sounds good! The males make great pets. I've had 3 dogs, but the best pet I ever had was a male muscovy I had when I was in high school.

Last edited:
Miranna the escape artist.... Walked out the front door and there she was nibbling on the basket of egg shells I had sat outside.... I told her mommy what a naughty girl she was....

Does anybody have a Muscovy/Swedish mixed duck? If so could you post a picture cause I might be getting some from my broody Swedish and I have a Muscovy drake and all of the eggs are firtile.

Back
Top Bottom