Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Okay so I posted these guys last week and was told that a dark beak and a yellow body meant it would be a barred baby. I think they are correct because all of them have barring started. The one in the back is definitely a blue the one in the middle is a light brownish color and the one closest to front has a lighter blue color.

This one I am not sure though. She or he as the case may be has very light colored barring. You can barely see the bars and she looks almost white.

This is her with one of her hatch mates who is a light brown color (fawn maybe?) Her barring is not very noticeable unless you get really close.

You can see the barring on her wings in this picture. It's very light.

This blue has a white dot on her head does this mean her head will turn white?

I seem to always take pictures of this little girl. She has the most amazing green eyes and is super friendly.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am trying to decide who will stay. I have 16 babies but can keep only 6 would like one boy and 5 girls, but I am taking lots of pictures to try and help me pick out who to keep. If only I could tell if they were boys or girls.

finally someone sees what I've been saying about the black beaks!

The light colored chocolate one is barred as well. It looks very fascinating so when iy gets its mature feathers please let us see what it looks like.

They are all very beautiful and I'm so happy for you :)

P.S you can tell if a baby is barred also by looking at the very end of the tail and seeing if its a dark shade.

Last edited:
finally someone sees what I've been saying about the black beaks!

The light colored chocolate one is barred as well. It looks very fascinating so when iy gets its mature feathers please let us see what it looks like.

They are all very beautiful and I'm so happy for you
smile.png

P.S you can tell if a baby is barred also by looking at the very end of the tail and seeing if its a dark shade.
Not sure what you were trying to say other than the barred ducklings you have have black bills. What am I missing?

-Kathy

What color is your female. I have a female who looks exactly like that and when I got her as a baby they said she was chocolate and she was a very creamy colored chocolate for a little while but now she's that light colored peaches and cream color with some blue feathers. Have you noticed this on your female as well?

This is her when she was three months. And she was a chocolate type color. I'll post a picture of what he looks like now later

lilac

Okay so I posted these guys last week and was told that a dark beak and a yellow body meant it would be a barred baby. I think they are correct because all of them have barring started. The one in the back is definitely a blue the one in the middle is a light brownish color and the one closest to front has a lighter blue color.

This one I am not sure though. She or he as the case may be has very light colored barring. You can barely see the bars and she looks almost white.

This is her with one of her hatch mates who is a light brown color (fawn maybe?) Her barring is not very noticeable unless you get really close.

You can see the barring on her wings in this picture. It's very light.

This blue has a white dot on her head does this mean her head will turn white?

I seem to always take pictures of this little girl. She has the most amazing green eyes and is super friendly.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am trying to decide who will stay. I have 16 babies but can keep only 6 would like one boy and 5 girls, but I am taking lots of pictures to try and help me pick out who to keep. If only I could tell if they were boys or girls.

They're all really nice, but this is my favorite! Very fancy!

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom