Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Okay so I posted these guys last week and was told that a dark beak and a yellow body meant it would be a barred baby. I think they are correct because all of them have barring started. The one in the back is definitely a blue the one in the middle is a light brownish color and the one closest to front has a lighter blue color.

The one in the middle with the pink bill will also be barred.

-Kathy

Okay so I posted these guys last week and was told that a dark beak and a yellow body meant it would be a barred baby. I think they are correct because all of them have barring started. The one in the back is definitely a blue the one in the middle is a light brownish color and the one closest to front has a lighter blue color.

This one I am not sure though. She or he as the case may be has very light colored barring. You can barely see the bars and she looks almost white.

This is her with one of her hatch mates who is a light brown color (fawn maybe?) Her barring is not very noticeable unless you get really close.

You can see the barring on her wings in this picture. It's very light.

This blue has a white dot on her head does this mean her head will turn white?

I seem to always take pictures of this little girl. She has the most amazing green eyes and is super friendly.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am trying to decide who will stay. I have 16 babies but can keep only 6 would like one boy and 5 girls, but I am taking lots of pictures to try and help me pick out who to keep. If only I could tell if they were boys or girls.
I´d love to have more like this. They´re gorgeous! At present I have my only lavender/lilac hen sitting on 14 eggs in the hope of some hatching that are the same colour as the mum. My only drake is a black and white pied, and they usually produce blacks and pieds like the drake. But you just never know....
big_smile.png

This is the hen..
As for telling males and females, it´s not so easy with photos as we can´t really see the size, but in general the females will be finer, daintier. the males chunkier and bigger, the females feather out first, the males having a silly little pink unfeathered end of their wing where the primaries will come in later. You´ll soon be able to tell.
The first time I had ducklings I watched and watched them and couldn´t see any difference..they all turned out to be females!
lol.png
Then when I did get a male or two, the difference was so obvious..

I´d love to have more like this. They´re gorgeous! At present I have my only lavender/lilac hen sitting on 14 eggs in the hope of some hatching that are the same colour as the mum. My only drake is a black and white pied, and they usually produce blacks and pieds like the drake. But you just never know....
big_smile.png

This is the hen..
As for telling males and females, it´s not so easy with photos as we can´t really see the size, but in general the females will be finer, daintier. the males chunkier and bigger, the females feather out first, the males having a silly little pink unfeathered end of their wing where the primaries will come in later. You´ll soon be able to tell.
The first time I had ducklings I watched and watched them and couldn´t see any difference..they all turned out to be females!
lol.png
Nice!

-Kathy

big_smile.png

This is the hen..
lol.png
She's beautiful! I hope you get some babies that look like her. I can't wait to see what mine look like all grown up. It's hard to wait for them to grow. I have 16 right now and I can keep 6 my husband says so trying to decide is killing me, especially since I have no clue who the boys and girls are lol.

They're all really nice, but this is my favorite! Very fancy!

-Kathy
Oh yes she is my favorite as well. I have a hard time getting a picture of her unless she is distracted because she loves to be right in my lap all the time. She has such an amazing lap dog personality. She is also the only duckling I have with green eyes. They are amazing. I know I am keeping her I just have to figure out who the other 5 are that I am keeping. It's so hard because they are all so nice I would love to keep them all but my barn isn't big enough for them all lol.

Back
Top Bottom