Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I love Dobies, we took one in years ago who was going to be put down because they would rather put their dog to sleep instead of teaching their young child how to respect animals. So we took him not knowing he had hepatitis so we did not have him long but long enough to fall in love with the breed. I hope to have another one day. and now your still taking in dogs.
smile.png
Still taking them in. I counted up the other day how many dogs we´ve had or fostered. I think it came to nearly 20. 15 of them were ours, others passed through. All of them were great, never any problem with them as regards temperament. Always had to work for their food (behave), come to call, be quiet when told, and go on long walks
big_smile.png
, from the tiny yorkies up to the dobies and greyhounds. Delightful. Out of those 20, one of the ones I have now is the naughtiest, sneakiest, craftiest of the lot. That´s the Spring, if you remember her. She´s lovely for it, though. She´s as smart as one of my Dobermanns, and that takes some beating!
Sad you didn´t have your dobie long. My favourite one lived 15 years. Quite a feat for a Dobie.

Last edited:
Yay! Congrats on the healthy hatch!

thank you, only 3 babies hatched. Im waiting on the next 7. I have them in the incubator and I check them daily as I let cool. Shouldnt be any longer then another week at the latest I think. Then when they hatch I will sadly take the other 13 away from bellatrix. I feel bad, but I cant let them hatch without assistance or non may hatch, therw has been some issues with hatching so yeah. I think we will just be collecting for eatting, unless I decide to hatch I guess, that is with a different drake. We'll have to see. But no more babies untill my drake is gone and I get a new one..

Still taking them in. I counted up the other day how many dogs we´ve had or fostered. I think it came to nearly 20. 15 of them were ours, others passed through. All of them were great, never any problem with them as regards temperament. Always had to work for their food (behave), come to call, be quiet when told, and go on long walks
big_smile.png
, from the tiny yorkies up to the dobies and greyhounds. Delightful. Out of those 20, one of the ones I have now is the naughtiest, sneakiest, craftiest of the lot. That´s the Spring, if you remember her. She´s lovely for it, though. She´s as smart as one of my Dobermanns, and that takes some beating!
Sad you didn´t have your dobie long. My favourite one lived 15 years. Quite a feat for a Dobie.

Wow 15 yrs that is a long time for a Dobie. We only have 4dogs and 1 more coming my dads dog since him and her are moving in with us at end of Sept. so for now getting another dog is on hold. I always wanted a live stock guardian dog since I have had ducks 10yrs now but I cannot imagine having a dog in with the geese, they hate our dogs and want to go after them as soon as they are all together. So I have to take my bamboo pole and keep the geese away from the dogs. You'll have to post another pic of Spring I remember talking about her but forget what she looks like, and hows your newest one doing? did you name her I probably forgot that too. lol any gosling yet?

Too bad too since Scovy's come in so many gorgeous colors.
I agree...and to think, all these amazing colours and varieties all from the black wild ones! Like geese, eh?
big_smile.png

New goslings are on the block...but I haven´t seen them yet, just heard them.
Thgis is the Spring and the newest addition, she´s slowly getting better.
Formidable-looking creature! I´ll find another of her
wink.png

Still looks skinny to me, but when I compare to the earlier pics, she´s gaining weight. Can only see her hip bones now. I´m having to treat her for yeast infection, probably developed because of the conditions she was in, so she´s on raw meat, no carbs, and medicine which takes forever to clear it. She´s happy enough, though.

I'm new with these muscovies and I love them. My choc and white female and my Huge white male gave us a beautiful clutch of babies that are now a couple of months old. Is it possible to sex them? We got some beige or lavender barred, a choc barred and a choc and white. Such a pretty mix.

Hi everyone! Was wondering if anyone can tell if Quackers is a Muscovy.

I think "he" is a she because she has high pitched quacks & "sings" a lot lol. She's about 4-5 weeks old.

The fact that it sings a lot confuses me because muscovies are quackless ducks. If it is in fact a muscovy, dont rely on the sound because you cant sex muscovies that way. And you cant wait for a drake feather either, because they dont get one. I think its a posiblilty though because of the hook on its bill that muscovies have.

I agree...and to think, all these amazing colours and varieties all from the black wild ones! Like geese, eh?
big_smile.png

New goslings are on the block...but I haven´t seen them yet, just heard them.
Thgis is the Spring and the newest addition, she´s slowly getting better.
Formidable-looking creature! I´ll find another of her
wink.png

Still looks skinny to me, but when I compare to the earlier pics, she´s gaining weight. Can only see her hip bones now. I´m having to treat her for yeast infection, probably developed because of the conditions she was in, so she´s on raw meat, no carbs, and medicine which takes forever to clear it. She´s happy enough, though.
Spring looks like she'd keep out any intruders, Love the face on the new addition. No name yet?Hope you can get her over this yeast, hard thing to treat.

Back
Top Bottom