Muscovy keepers share your pics!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-and-hatching-muscovy-eggs
I found this excellent article, and am hoping they make it a sticky! So far, its going great, I have several eggs developing!
That is the best I have ever seen and I asked it be added to the stickys, maybe you should too. and looking forward to seeing your ducklings when they hatch..
fl.gif

Muscovy hatch #3 has happened. No idea how many until she brings them out, most likely tomorrow. I suspect they hatched yesterday (Friday 29th). As soon as I can I'll get some pictures

Hey to everyone, you all have such handsome Muscovies!, I have never actually kept Muscovies here in UK, but will definitely in the future as have wanted to since I was a child. I have posted a couple of pics of the sad muscovy ducks at my local farm. There are 4 drakes and 2 ducks, the two ducks and one of the drakes have been put into a small aviary for breeding with an elderly chicken. As the local foxes have killed all the domestic ducks apart from the muscovies for some reason. Im not sure why.

The main reason I posted was to ask people if the three they are useing for breeding are likely to have fertile eggs and raise ducklings in that aviary. I dont have any poultry myself at the moment and really miss keeping waterfowl, so im a member at my local farm. Sadly they dont take good care of the ducks and foxes usually kill off any ducks that they introduce sooner or later. But I do hope the girls manage to have some more babies for my sake at least!

Last edited:

Hey to everyone, you all have such handsome Muscovies!, I have never actually kept Muscovies here in UK, but will definitely in the future as have wanted to since I was a child. I have posted a couple of pics of the sad muscovy ducks at my local farm. There are 4 drakes and 2 ducks, the two ducks and one of the drakes have been put into a small aviary for breeding with an elderly chicken. As the local foxes have killed all the domestic ducks apart from the muscovies for some reason. Im not sure why.

The main reason I posted was to ask people if the three they are useing for breeding are likely to have fertile eggs and raise ducklings in that aviary. I dont have any poultry myself at the moment and really miss keeping waterfowl, so im a member at my local farm. Sadly they dont take good care of the ducks and foxes usually kill off any ducks that they introduce sooner or later. But I do hope the girls manage to have some more babies for my sake at least!
welcome-byc.gif
those are beautiful Muscovys, but it's a shame that sooner or later they will be eaten too. I don't know what kind of setup they have in the aviary if they have water and the ducks have a quiet safe palce in witch to lay their eggs they may hatch some ducklings. I hope you have a chance to get some scovies they are really great birds.

I have 6 muscovy eggs in my incubator and today is day 36. Nothing is happening :( Everyone always says keep humidity high for duck eggs, so that's what I did ... but now I've been reading that muscovy should be hatched much drier and that having humidity too high will result in late death of chicks before hatching. Ahhhh! Is there hope? Should I candle them to see if anyone is still alive? Waaahhhh
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom