Muscovy keepers share your pics!

My big male :) such a great duck!!

So ive herd so much from everyone!! Thankyou! So I'm going w water in his nose from drinking :) it's not every day, but sometimes 2 times a day.. So he's a dork lol

Eggs and nests all over! Woohoooo!

Duck coffee clutch.

Chocolate Drake
Kinda ratty and dirty from all the tussling with rivals and action he's getting.

Funky color here - chocolate and charcol
anybody have opinion on what this color is?
A ripple perhaps?
Not dirt or fade as she's been this color for months.

Ugh I am sorry, it is hard to decide what to do! I dry incubate, then up the humidity to around 70% for lockdown. If they internally pip I wait at least 24 hrs then will help. I follow pete55 on the assisting if I have to:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed
It also applies to any waterfowl. Main thing is leave the membrane until the blood vessels subside, candle to see where the baby is at all times.
I have seen several shrink wrapped chicks, our humidity is very low here as low as 15%. Follow your gut feeling. Trying is better than nothing.. if your gut says wait, then don't assist. If they don't internally pip I wait the 3 days after hatch date to check. Hope you have success
fl.gif
If you feel they need help, do it. It will answer your concerns and tell you what to do the next time.
I wish you luck, hope you have a couple hatch.

Thank you for the input. Unfortunately, it died. I'm so bummed.

Back
Top Bottom