Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I wa able to get some pictures, but it won't let me load them. I will try again later. She or he also already had to have wings clipped. She/he was getting pretty high off the ground. Once my husband thought she would go over the fence! I don't know if that means anything. We clipped the secondary flight feathers on one wing and she could still get high, so cut the primary flight feathers on the other wing. Figure that would get her off balance enough

Young drakes can fly BUT ducks are whom start this first, all my ducks from the early summer clutches are flapping around like fools.. the drakes are loping about like hmmm.. how do i move again lol

I did grab a shot of my oldest pair of babies this afternoon, i tried to get some of the younger set but they said no.. we dont' want pics lol

So was changing waters and cleaning out pools this morning and caught this funny picture. You would think with 2 pools they would have plenty of places to swim but I guess the water buckets are more fun. They are just the right size for one lol.

So cute! I have one like that.. sadly i lost this duck she set a nest out in the field and then went MIA not so much as a feather of evidence.

the rest of the flock. One was hiding and was hoping hermione would move. Dont worry we will be enlarging their area when we have the money. We are low on money right now so will have to wait a little while

I like your set up, I didn't notice any roofing on your run...do Muskovys fly? Also, how often do you need to change out their water in the pool?

That's okay, it was just sounding like you were candling often, if circumstances arise where a duck abandons a nest of coarse one would check the eggs, to me that is not the same thing as constantly candling a nest, some i have never even candled .. again i am not one to leave something to die but not all things are in my control and when i use live incubators i feel for the most part they should handle the situation, after all that  is the main point of having live brooders is so i can keep a distanced approach. :) Again, though this is really a management thing, we all handle our flocks differently.

yeah no I didnt candle them but twice. There were 6 bad eggs.. surprisingly they didnt smell though o.o..

I like your set up, I didn't notice any roofing on your run...do Muskovys fly? Also, how often do you need to change out their water in the pool?

daily as I have 6 muscovies. Muscovies do fly, but not if you cut their wings. This must be done properly though. The males are usually tok heavy to fly at mature size. I will be enlarging their area and building something else

I clipped my girls, one wing only, a couple weeks ago, and yesterday, one flew over the fence. I got her back and clipped them all even shorter. today two of them were trying to fly in the yard, but they only got like a foot off the ground. Are they going to compensate and still fly?!

I clipped my girls, one wing only, a couple weeks ago, and yesterday, one flew over the fence. I got her back and clipped them all even shorter. today two of them were trying to fly in the yard, but they only got like a foot off the ground. Are they going to compensate and still fly?!

if u cut both wings then no they cant fly

Back
Top Bottom