Muscovy keepers share your pics!

She is coming around a little after her attack. The mom of these has already left them to be back with the male. The clutch is kinda on their own now. They come and go but follow after all of us when they're not in the creek. They stay under my porch.

This little girl is still pinned. I may have to just keep her pinned and move her to a bigger lot when it's time to release my other momma and babies.

:( Some agricultural agents can direct you to a place you can have an autopsy done.Some areas have places that do it free/low cost. Assuming you have already laid her to rest.This is a good thing to look into and have the contact info on hand in case of sad days like yesterday.Local ag agents can also tell you if any sicknesses are going around in your area

Thanks to everyone for your condolences and opinions. I am just heart broken that this has happened. She was my baby and I miss her terribly. I just don't know what could've happened, she was only a little over a year old and seemed healthy. :'(
Dont beat yourself up over it or think its something you may have done.Sometimes we loose animals for reasons beyond our control.Its never easy loosing our babies

Janna we may be naming our hatchling Quakster
hugs.gif

great idea! This is my first duck experiance.i was just wondering how i was going to keep it from swimming in its water lol Just text the lady i got the hatching eggs from.Her girls are sitting on eggs.Fingers crossed some have hatched this baby needs duck pals!
Wouldn't that be nice to get another duckling so this one could have a pal.. I hope it works out. When making on oif those wateres just cut hole large enough for head to fit in comfortably, and recut as they grow. you can also put a rock in the bottom to keep them from tipping them over.

Back
Top Bottom