Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Really? I guess I was worried that they get all hormonal & mean at puberty. Dandy is already more nippy when food is involved than Daisy ever was so I guess I figured if 'she' is a male 'she' would full on bite eventually & not be my buddy that I can take everywhere anymore.

no, here let me show you some pictures of my males.

Males are like perfectly affectionate, but remember they actually do get hormonal like you said and can nip at your ankles and hands but remember its not because they are trying to hurt you, they just see you as a member of the flock, which means woohoo partner, but they can be trained not to do that anymore so dont worry, when the time comes just let us know and we can all give you some tips

Last edited:
Really? I guess I was worried that they get all hormonal & mean at puberty. Dandy is already more nippy when food is involved than Daisy ever was so I guess I figured if 'she' is a male 'she' would full on bite eventually & not be my buddy that I can take everywhere anymore.

Cute duck. :) I have two drakes and they have never ever been aggressive towards me they are a bit shy but that's because they were pretty completely feral when I got them so their like extremely tame compared to their younger selves.But I also have many roosters and some roosters do turn out to be aggressive while others remain very sweet.So it just depends but your possible drake has a lot of potential as being a very fun pet and also even if this one is a bit nippy all birds are different and have their own personalities and quirks.I have a goose that's extremely nippy and loud while her sister is extremely shy and a lot more stand offish and they were raised exactly the same.Hope this helps. :p

no, here let me show you some pictures of my males. Males are like perfectly affectionate, but remember they actually do get hormonal like you said and can nip at your ankles and hands but remember its because they are trying to hurt you, they just see you as a member of the flock, which means woohoo partner, but they can be trained not to do that anymore so dont worry, when the time comes just let us know and we can all give you some tips
That's extremely true about them seeing you as a member of the flock. XD My rooster came running up to me yesterday to show off for me like he does for his girls it was quite funny.Nice pictures to btw Buck.

Thoughts on coloring of my 2babies? The flock they came from has blue blacks and chocolates.can they be a mix of colors?
[/IMG]
So these babies are black wild type?

I totally agree once you train them your not going to put of with their antics like wanting to mate with you. Maybe this only happens with us ladies but it does happen. But easily taken care of.

believe me it happens to me all the time, with pretty much every single one of my males even when they have females right beside them, but after i pic them up and they sit on my shoulder for a while they stop and go on to their females, i guess its because i raised all of them from babies and that they've seen me raise babies (since i take the babies outside just for everybody to see them and they follow me around) The males probably see me as a female, i don't know, i love them anyway and to them I'm big momma duck anyway so...

Also my males love babies they coo at them and wag their tails, they love them and whenever i take the babies outside the whole flock, including the girls, wants to see them and they will like walk around with me and the babies as well as chase any other things that might hurt them like those evil buff geese, my male (Mute is his name) would run them off, like seriously he jumped on their backs and tore out feathers. its so cute ( In a paternal way of protection) they really do watch over the younger ones, one of the many beauties of muscovies

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom