My leukemia's back.

Re: Dr. saying it will feel like a little pinch........ I haven't heard that one before but, usually am told a "little discomfort." HA!!!! Is your doctor a male too? I don't recall female doctors ever , shall I say lying?, to me like men.

One exception my Dermatologist/surgeon,(male) says exactly how something will feel, smell etc and what he will do . No surprises - I think that eases the anxiety quite a bit, at least for me.

Great message Cynthia! Seems like my whole adult life I've had to go in for repeat mammos, ultrasounds and MRIs. It's a rare year that I don't.

This year an "architectural distortion" looked off enough to merit a biopsy.(Radial Scar) Since this type of lesion is fairly hidden, they have to put a wire in you before hand to guide the surgeon to where to cut. And yes, that part is worse than the surgery itself.

But it's done now. Just have to wait for pathology and take another nap. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Glad the worst is over. Or maybe the waiting is almost as bad. But praying all is well. :hugs

Friday..glad it's over. :) The waiting game is on. In the meantime, prayers are a hapinin.

x2
and congrats on your good news too! :hugs

:clap

Re: Dr. saying it will feel like a little pinch........ I haven't heard that one before but, usually am told a "little discomfort." HA!!!! Is your doctor a male too? I don't recall female doctors ever , shall I say lying?, to me like men.

One exception my Dermatologist/surgeon,(male) says exactly how something will feel, smell etc and what he will do . No surprises - I think that eases the anxiety quite a bit, at least for me.
I agree...lying makes it worse.

Why can't they just tell the truth??

I agree...lying makes it worse.

Why can't they just tell the truth??
Probably because they have never experienced the procedure themselves, so they have no idea what it really feels like. As an EMT, I try to be honest and tell a patient if something is going to hurt, and explain every single thing we're doing. I think it's better to be prepared for it rather than be surprised.

IMG_3083.GIF

Back
Top Bottom