My leukemia's back.

Thanks for supplying the name. I absolutely love all the characters and the way they interract! British humor is incredible. How bout Mr. Bean? Gotta love him! I particularly love the sketch where he and his girl friend were window shopping, and she pointed out a diamond engagement ring... priceless!!! Any dog lovers seen: Faye's 12 days of Christmas???

Have a good day. Rachel -and everyone else!
frow.gif

You too Jan, Rachel and everyone.

I'm going outside now to try to beat some of the 90+ degree weather we're going to get today (and tomorrow). Wonder if DH would mind much if I brought our 14 chickens, 4 goats and 11 rabbits in the house to stay cool this afternoon...hmmm, maybe he wouldn't notice.

Absolutely nuffin'! Getting ready to head back to South Dakota next week. Got South Dakota's Grand Lodge we're attending in Chamberlain for a few days, then making the extra 2 hour or so drive to Sioux Falls for a week. Most of my family is back there, and I have a bunch of stuff I wanted to take back for Ashley. She has a cold, so I'm not sure we'll get to see her, but I can leave the stuff with my sister Linda (Ash' gramma) and she'll see that Ash gets it all. I also put together a care package for the other kids. They have been troopers through all of this and I want them to know that Aunt Diane and Uncle Ken are thinking of them, too.

I'm usually a pretty optimistic person, but I'm kinda down and upset today. Hate days when stuff weighs heavy and you can't shake the resulting funk. But I'm a tree, I can bend!

Aww what's bumming you out?

There was a Calvin and Hobbs comic that had Hamster Hughie and and the Gooey Ka-blooie or something like that.
Every time I read your screen name I think of hamster Hughie

ID2m9.jpg

To tell the truth, I typed out my entire rant in that other post. Then common sense took hold and I deleted that part. Too long, too whiney, and this thread just ain't the right place for it.
hmm.png
Nothing I can do to change it anyway, so it is what it is. But thanks for asking.

Ha! Calvin and Hobbs stole that from ME! Back in the 70s, before internet (you remember that time, right?) we had a CB radio in the house and one in each car. My "handle" was CalicoBlue. Then along came the internet and I started hosting a quilt chat forum for AOL.......same name, but the group shortened it to "Blooie". I have a wonderful friend out here that I met on that forum, and we got a giggle out of learning that she lived in the same area where Ken's family had property. We came out here to help Ken's aunt with this place, (his parents owned it, but she lived in it) and I met my online buddy. It was great. I've known her now for 3 years before we got the place and moved here, and 18 years since, and she still only calls me Blooie. So Blooie is more than a screen name - it's a huge part of my identity.

Back
Top Bottom