My leukemia's back.

Good morning everyone!

Another hot day coming up for us. Between trying to keep the animals comfortable and the garden going, we're wore out. Darn heat just sucks the life right out of a person.

Just yesterday I was saying to the Princess that I think the temperatures extremes bother me more and more as I age. Anyone else feel that way?

I spent my youth outside and I did not have air conditioned class rooms. I can still work outside in the summer, but I have to rest more often drink more ice water, and most of my activity is walking around wondering what I walked over here for to begin with.

hu.gif
hu.gif
hu.gif

Hey everyone. Still feeling crappy from this cold, just no energy whatsoever. I'm certainly doing all the nuffin I can, that's for sure! Lots of naps, lots of sofa sitting, lots of fluids. My sisters came over yesterday for a quick visit and we basically sat on the sofa and visited and watched some comedy and movies, not too much excitement! I think I'm doing a bit better today, but still feel like I need an energy transfusion or something, just blah and tired feeling. Well, I guess it's part and parcel of this whole recovery thing, and at least I'm home!

I am not surprised that you feel tired and have no energy. With all you go thru. Sometimes I go back to my chickens , and take a nap in a chair under a tree. When I look around, quite a few chickens have planted their fuzzy butts around me and taken a little nap too. Group nap, HaHa.

I spent my youth outside and I did not have air conditioned class rooms.

Yep, me too. First job was cleaning layer houses. Next job was mowing a cemetery lawn - took a buddy and me a whole day, and we got $25 each for the job.
ya.gif

Next summer job was working in green houses then to a veterinary clinic and then green house work on a full time basis. A youthful body handled all of that easily. Didn't get AC until forced into it by the Princess - interesting story there - she's a smart woman.
hmm.png

Just yesterday I was saying to the Princess that I think the temperatures extremes bother me more and more as I age. Anyone else feel that way?
I've always felt that way...if it could only be between 65 and 85, things would be great, lol. Where can I move to for that?

I spent my youth outside and I did not have air conditioned class rooms. I can still work outside in the summer, but I have to rest more often drink more ice water, and most of my activity is walking around wondering what I walked over here for to begin with.

hu.gif
hu.gif
hu.gif

If I drink any more water during the day, I'll never get any sleep at night!

Purged the fridge (there was stuff in there from before I left in Feb) and spent some time in the run--there's a dead rat out there
sickbyc.gif
. I've also got a hen who looks ill--not moving, comb is pale and shrivled. I don't really have a place to put her away from the others as my extra pen is occupied with two broodies. Plus, I kind of figure whatever she's got, everyone else has already been exposed to anyway. Makes me sad as she's on of my Rhodebar hens, a good layer and fairly meaty girl and I'd hate to lose her. No one's picking on her, and she was eating the treats I dumped in there, so I'll just keep an eye on her and see how things go.

Feeling better today. Honey's supposed to bring a friend over to build a breeding pen/tractor, but it's noon and he's not home yet. I think the trout ponds sucked him in yet again........

And what makes everything better?

Baby chicks!!!
celebrate.gif

Even better when they're a surprise, I had no idea I had a hen setting. Honestly, when I couldn't find her I thought she'd died while I was gone and the guys just hadn't told me. I have one side of my run that's overgrown with blackberries, she must have had a nest under there somewhere. She's got 10 of the cutest little chicklets, I'd forgotten how adorable new chicks are! So so hard not to go put my hands on them, but I'm trying to leave her alone for a bit. Just the bit I can see none have silkie features, so they must all be from my splash Ameraucana rooster. 6 look blue, 4 are light chipmunk striped, but I have no idea which hens are the mommas. No big white spots on the heads of the blue chicks, so maybe I have a fair amount of blue pullets
fl.gif
. Time will tell!

Back
Top Bottom