My leukemia's back.

Hey there sour, how's the world treating you today?

LG, your day sounds all warm and cozy. Except for the sewing part. I used to love sewing but somewhere in the past 15-20 years, I don't enjoy it any more. Too much fussy, tiddly work with threading invisible needle eyes, a machine that's a pain to drag out and such. I just don't seem to have the patience for it anymore. Other than that, your day sounds perfect!
big_smile.png
NFC, you could be taking the words right out of my mouth. I used to sew EVERYTHING. Machine smocked dresses for my dtr, made all of both kid's clothes, as well as 90% of mine. Quilts, curtains, play tents for the kids... and on and on. Now, set up and take down is a PITA, my eyes don't work well to get those needles threaded, and I lack the ambition. I bought material 2 years ago to make some very simple valence panels for the living room windows. Still not done. Good thing we live in the country, and naked windows are not an issue! Decorating is NOT my passion, that's for sure. But... it's 1 PM, and instead of doing that, I found a perfect excuse to delay that project: Made a 2 tier macrame holder for some old fashioned pole insulators to hang in the kitchen window to root plant cuttings. Made some Fels Naptha soap spray to treat an infestation of spider mites, and re-vamping the plant cluster in the kitchen windows. Now, a nap sounds like more fun than sewing!!!

I don't feel so bad any more.
I need to just get rid of it all. the fabric and everything.
But, one day I might get real glasses.
The machines still have an errand or two to do.
And drapes... if you want decent ones, you have to make them yourself.

NFC, you could be taking the words right out of my mouth. I used to sew EVERYTHING. Machine smocked dresses for my dtr, made all of both kid's clothes, as well as 90% of mine. Quilts, curtains, play tents for the kids... and on and on. Now, set up and take down is a PITA, my eyes don't work well to get those needles threaded, and I lack the ambition. I bought material 2 years ago to make some very simple valence panels for the living room windows. Still not done. Good thing we live in the country, and naked windows are not an issue! Decorating is NOT my passion, that's for sure. But... it's 1 PM, and instead of doing that, I found a perfect excuse to delay that project: Made a 2 tier macrame holder for some old fashioned pole insulators to hang in the kitchen window to root plant cuttings. Made some Fels Naptha soap spray to treat an infestation of spider mites, and re-vamping the plant cluster in the kitchen windows. Now, a nap sounds like more fun than sewing!!!

Nope not mine either. Actually DH is much better at that than I am. I can remember one of our first conversations when I complimented him on the store displays...he told me "I'm straight but I can decorate". I figured he was a keeper right there, a sense of humor and he can do something I can't.
lol.png

I like how your afternoon panned out. Macramé (something else I used to do a lot of) and soap sounds way more fun!

The Princess is an excellent decorator/planner. I have learned to go with her decisions even when they seem 'weird' to me. My one request is for a GREEN bedroom.

love.gif

that's it?

one meassely photo?

we send you ALL the way down there with explicit instructions...
roll.png

Do I need to do my billy idol Impression?

what is that you say?
big_smile.png

We want more, more, mooooore!

Back
Top Bottom