My leukemia's back.

Done and done!! How awful for them all! I just got word this morning that Linda is also experiencing rapid advancing dementia. Hers is a direct result of 5 years of dialysis. So I am facing having to learn the pain of knowing that someone I love is slipping away from us. My prayers for him, for his family, and for a safe trip are with you.

Hugs, Team, and prayers for all of you goes without saying.

Good morning team Rachel :hugs
Can I put in a prayer request for my hubby and his brother please??? We are preparing today to roadtrip 4 hours south tomorrow to visit his brother. Long story short, the brother has had multiple surgeries to remove brain tumors, comes thru but the lungs apparently didn't. Last surgery was in the fall and he developed pneumonia after but he finally shook it off but still required oxygen support because he now had COPD. Then a couple months ago he was dxd with rapidly advancing dementia but has been doing ok with that so far, then, the news last week he was going into home care hospice, given potentially 6 months because the lungs are failing. Now the news is up to 3 months or tomorrow because the lungs are shutting down. He was so afraid of forgetting his family this may actually be a blessing in disguise, especially for his wife Loretta, because she was refusing to have him spend his last days anywhere but home (which is his wish of course but he is worried about her too) and she's been losing weight and just not taking care of herself like she should. they aren't wealthy people so bringing in any kind of full time help is out of the question. Their daughter is close and helps out a lot but the majority of the emotional and physical care falls upon her shoulders giving little room for her own needs. Anyway, no more rattling on, my heart is just breaking for them and my sweet hubby. Thank you team Rachel.
Prayers going up!

Can I put in a prayer request for my hubby and his brother please??? We are preparing today to roadtrip 4 hours south tomorrow to visit his brother. Long story short, the brother has had multiple surgeries to remove brain tumors, comes thru but the lungs apparently didn't. Last surgery was in the fall and he developed pneumonia after but he finally shook it off but still required oxygen support because he now had COPD. Then a couple months ago he was dxd with rapidly advancing dementia but has been doing ok with that so far, then, the news last week he was going into home care hospice, given potentially 6 months because the lungs are failing. Now the news is up to 3 months or tomorrow because the lungs are shutting down. He was so afraid of forgetting his family this may actually be a blessing in disguise, especially for his wife Loretta, because she was refusing to have him spend his last days anywhere but home (which is his wish of course but he is worried about her too) and she's been losing weight and just not taking care of herself like she should. they aren't wealthy people so bringing in any kind of full time help is out of the question. Their daughter is close and helps out a lot but the majority of the emotional and physical care falls upon her shoulders giving little room for her own needs. Anyway, no more rattling on, my heart is just breaking for them and my sweet hubby. Thank you team Rachel.
Prayers and hugs to your hubby, his brother and the rest of the family. To me, dementia of any kind is such a cruel way to lose someone. My brother-in-law's mother has dementia - he calls watching her slip away "The Long Goodbye". :hugs:hugs:hugs

CS, I will lift your family up in prayer: Do Loretta and her husband have any church family that can step in and help them at this time. I understand Loretta's wt loss. Even when the food is directly in front of you... when dealing with a critically ill family member, eating can be a daunting task. So, I will pray for Loretta and her husband. That she will be strong, and comforted during the very difficult time ahead of her. I will also pray for your husband and his brother as they travel to see their brother. May they be given the words to say that will bring comfort, as well as to help them say good by, if it is truly the time to do so.

Done and done!! How awful for them all! I just got word this morning that Linda is also experiencing rapid advancing dementia. Hers is a direct result of 5 years of dialysis. So I am facing having to learn the pain of knowing that someone I love is slipping away from us. My prayers for him, for his family, and for a safe trip are with you.

Blooie, I will also pray for you and your entire family as you face the eventual loss of your beloved Linda. May God bring comfort to all of you, and may Linda's passing be pain free. May she feel God's comfort in a tangible way.

Prayers and hugs for all. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom