My leukemia's back.

One day I looked down into my shopping cart and there was my usual 12 pack of caffeine free diet Dr. Pepper. I thought, "Gee. Why do I even bother?" So I put it back and bought high octane Coke instead.
I keep a 12 pack in case I need Dr Pepper AND some sleep.
caffeine free.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Dr. Pepper. Have also discovered Cherry Coke. When I'm out at a fast food, I mix Dr. Pepper with root beer. No margarine in this house. Butter all the way!!! No low cal. salad dressings either. If I'm going to eat, I intend to enjoy it.

Rachel, Don, SM, BB, and Echo. You're in my thoughts and prayers daily.

I used to drink soo much coke,
Way too much. I knew I wasn't drinking it just because I was thirsty.. nope. So, tried something I had read about.. keeping a bottle of soda in the fridge for a few days without it losing all of its fizz. Take a swallow or two, squeeze the bottle so the fluid goes to the top, put the lid back on. Really works. I find that I don't even drink a whole 16 oz. now that I've done this, and now I keep a bottle of water in there with it. ;) I am getting my taste buds satisfied by just keeping that bottle in the fridge and not carrying one around .. helped a lot. I have Gerd, so I probably shouldn't be drinking it at all. Main reason for cutting way back. Love that stuff though.

Sugar can cause inflammation, inflammation causes damage, etc. Guess when one is young and healthy the body can tolerate it to some extent.

Phil. I bet if you dropped the soda and processed food you could reverse both the diabetes and some of the kidney damage. (At least keep it from getting worse.) Like you said, weight is not the issue.

Of course, this is coming from someone who only eats abut 20 carbs a day. :lau

Back
Top Bottom