My leukemia's back.

God, who gives us so much to be feel happy, also knows that we learn and grow and become stronger as we face and survive the trials through which we must pass. We know that there are times when we will experience heartbreaking sorrow, when we will grieve, and when we may be tested to our limits. However... such difficulties allow us to change for the better, to rebuild our lives in the way God teaches us, and to become something different from what we were—better than we were, more understanding than we were, more empathetic than we were, with stronger testimonies than we had before. There is so much we can take away from trials .. sorrow..hard times. Lessons to be learned. Feelings that we will someday be able to say honestly to someone .. I know..how you feel.
This should be our purpose—to persevere and endure... yes, but also to become more spiritually refined as we make our way through sunshine and sorrow.
:hugs
Going through some tough times right now myself. Won't go into detail here. Just asking for prayers. Yes, my health, and family matters. We have a large family. Things do happen, here and there. Right now, it's pretty close. A son, and a brother in law.
Man, this getting older thing is not fun. Have to say though, sure have had some wonderful times in my past. A lot to be grateful for!
AMEN

finally caught up... didn't mean to be gone so long...Blooie Im jealous I've always wanted to go to Alaska..... have a wonderful safe trip.
I'll be thinking about you and the great time your having while your gone....

Morning team!!!
Safe travels to you all that are "on the move" this morning :hugs A missions trip sounds wonderful. Always wanted to do that, never quite managed to accomplish it. Guess the Lord didn't want me turned loose on innocent civilians. :lau
Blooie, Alaska, AGAIN, really? I am sooooooo jealous!!! Seriously, even tho I live in the north, my dream cruise is still Alaska. I just love the wilderness and long believed that Alaska must be one of God's most beautiful creations.
Praying you all have a safe and blessed weekend no matter what you have planned.

BTW-I hear you Phil and can completely relate. My days of taking care of myself so I might have a wonderfully healthy (er) life sailed long ago (heck, I don't think it ever made it away from the dock) so after I was dxd with leukemia and realized I was facing a long term, aka lifetime of body destroying chemo drugs I kind of tossed all the organic, semi-vegan, growing my own chemical free food, blah blah blah lifestyle I had been living and ate a huge piece of cake and never looked back! :lau Did I mention that, besides the damage done to my pancreas, etc. by the drugs, I am right now the healthiest I've been in years? Now, where are those yummy treats? :cool:

Yep, this will be my fourth cruise in a row going up to Alaska. Don't know what it is about that place but I can't seem to get enough - I just keep getting drawn back there and totally lost in the immensity of it all. The first year it was just Tammy and me, then it was Ken, Tammy and me, last year just Ken and me, and this year it's Ken, Katie, Evan, Tammy and me going.

I've got this healthy eating thing all figured out. I just leave it someone else. That way I never have to worry about this list of "must eats" or that list of "never eats". I don't want another year here on earth because I gave up everything I love and switched to kale, tofu, quinoa, flax seeds and water. I want a thick steak with the outside charred from the grill. I want pork chops and sauerkraut and cheesy baked potatoes, washed down with sweet tea or a Coke. And thank goodness for preservatives in foods......how else do you think I could look this good at 150 years old? It's those preservatives, I'm tellin' ya! ;)

hum gr8 day.jpg

Every day i open my eyes and I'm not looking at roots in thinking is a good day...... first day I'm spitting dirt and worms out..... I'm rolling over and sleeping in
Can you go catch me some fish and mail em to me?
I came across this the other day...my baby...and it made me think of you.

Back
Top Bottom