Nevadans?

Aubrey (Boggy Bottom Bantams) recommends that you start with a solid color when getting into showing
wink.png
If you want to get into breeding d'Anvers I would subscribe to the d'Anver thread. Aubrey is super nice and always tries to answer your questions. His birds are great quality and I am really happy with the ones I hatched from his eggs.

Aubrey (Boggy Bottom Bantams) recommends that you start with a solid color when getting into showing
wink.png
If you want to get into breeding d'Anvers I would subscribe to the d'Anver thread. Aubrey is super nice and always tries to answer your questions. His birds are great quality and I am really happy with the ones I hatched from his eggs.
Thank you.
big_smile.png
Yeah, I thought a lot of different colors were recognised. I have a book somewhere about it. The d'Anvers are true bantams if I remember correctly. I've narrowed it down to Blue Quail, White, or Colombian. Or splash, haha
I might try solid white for a couple years to get the hang of it, to learn the body shapes and conformations. Or I might just dive in head first, I dunno. Whatever I do, it's certainly going to be more of a hobby than anything else. College this semester is killing me with peak coming at work.
roll.png

I love the blue mottled birds Lacy Blues!!
droolin.gif
Those are so nice. I've always had a soft spot for blues. :]

Don't ask I might tell you! LOL

Surviving. Barely, but that's better than not. Got lots of birds growing out and they're killing me as far as feed bills. Man can those tiny little creatures eat, before they grow up and don't seem to need half as much. Then again. I have way to many birds. hehehe

Don't ask I might tell you! LOL 

Surviving. Barely, but that's better than not. Got lots of birds growing out and they're killing me as far as feed bills. Man can those tiny little creatures eat, before they grow up and don't seem to need half as much. Then again. I have way to many birds. hehehe

We can help you with that hahahaha!

Thank you. :D  Yeah, I thought a lot of different colors were recognised. I have a book somewhere about it. The d'Anvers are true bantams if I remember correctly. I've narrowed it down to Blue Quail, White, or Colombian. Or splash, haha
I might try solid white for a couple years to get the hang of it, to learn the body shapes and conformations. Or I might just dive in head first, I dunno. Whatever I do, it's certainly going to be more of a hobby than anything else. College this semester is killing me with peak coming at work. :rolleyes:

I love the blue mottled birds Lacy Blues!! :drool  Those are so nice. I've always had a soft spot for blues. :] 

If you are still up for a group project we could split a color or since you love blue quail and I love black quail we could do a breeding thing where I get some nice black quails and you get some nice blue quails and we set up a breeding pen dice it is joint all te stock stays together and interbreeds but I could show the blacks and you could show blue and if we ever got any splash quail you could show those because in 4h they are less strict. I know a lot about showing and could probably bring a few of the D'anvers with me to other shows.

HI, I live a bit north of Reno. Been out here for 2 years (lived in Reno for 10 years now), and this will be my first winter with chickens! So far, I am enjoying watching them as they are entertaining at times. We have a few too many roosters right now, that we will be butchering here soon I think...... I hope to get used to butchering occurring.... but I'm a big wimp when it comes to such things. But, they were raised well I know that at least. They are fairly spoiled chickens. :)

I was wondering what some of your opinions on mixing LF with bantams in 1 coop, I have 2 EE's and 1 GSL currently and I want to get bantams maybe, Like D'uccles or silkies or so many other breeds...I am getting sleepy, very very sleepy, so... many... CHICKENS!!!!!
I don't want my big chickens to kill the little ones, but I also just love bantams, and I don't think my parents will let me get another coop.

HI, I live a bit north of Reno. Been out here for 2 years (lived in Reno for 10 years now), and this will be my first winter with chickens! So far, I am enjoying watching them as they are entertaining at times. We have a few too many roosters right now, that we will be butchering here soon I think...... I hope to get used to butchering occurring.... but I'm a big wimp when it comes to such things. But, they were raised well I know that at least. They are fairly spoiled chickens. :)
Hi, welcome!! That's the only way I get through butchering my birds, is knowing they lived a better life on my property than they would have in a meat factory.

I was wondering what some of your opinions on mixing LF with bantams in 1 coop, I have 2 EE's and 1 GSL currently and I want to get bantams maybe, Like D'uccles or silkies or so many other breeds...I am getting sleepy, very very sleepy, so... many... CHICKENS!!!!!
I don't want my big chickens to kill the little ones, but I also just love bantams, and I don't think my parents will let me get another coop.
I've always ran bantams and LF together with great success. :] No deaths, or even fighting. Even the roosters get along, I think because the LF don't really see the bantam roosters as a threat, haha.

We can help you with that hahahaha!
If you are still up for a group project we could split a color or since you love blue quail and I love black quail we could do a breeding thing where I get some nice black quails and you get some nice blue quails and we set up a breeding pen dice it is joint all te stock stays together and interbreeds but I could show the blacks and you could show blue and if we ever got any splash quail you could show those because in 4h they are less strict. I know a lot about showing and could probably bring a few of the D'anvers with me to other shows.
I'm talking to Aubrey now, I'm thinking about doing a solid color for my first couple of years just to get the hang of it. :] I don't know yet, I am certainly open to it. If I do solid colors, I'll probably do white. Are you interested in that?

Back
Top Bottom