NEW BYC Program & Partnership - Sell Your Extra Eggs! April Fools 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks this is kind of not funny? with people out of work across the country and trying any resource to make some extra cash

WAY TO GO JESS K!!!!!!!! AH very well done. Like your prank better than BYC's!
clap.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
You're not alone. But apparently the 'powers that be' think it's funny enough to continue.

Quote:
I'm figuring you for a mod, dear........

Brindlebtch:

You giving the mods WAY too much credit........
wink.png

Jess

Agreed.
roll.png

See? People are still not reading, and are buying into the program. APRIL FOOL"S DAY "JOKE"

Poor taste and juvenile humor, but it's just a tasteless and insensitive joke.

In these times, when so many are struggling for every penny and looking for any way to hold on to their homes, this is a cruel joke. As a for instance- DH and I have both been laid off- within 3 months, we may be the folks living under the overpass, the ones you avert you eyes from daily. The only reason we still have internet? Job search! We don't have any websites to "moneytize".

We have 16 hens- had I been a new and innocent member, I would have been elated by the (false) opportunity. .

I have been here for a while, so I recognized it as Nifty's annual April Fool's Day "joke". He flubbed it. And I think he owes an apology to quite a a few folks.

I am truly sorry, I can not participate in this program. I only have names for my roosters, none of my 11 hens have names, sorry! Besides, if I did, I would have to build on my coop and although I would not have to borrow money to do it, I think it would be too much work. I am very lazy and so are my hens. They only lay enough eggs for us and our few customers that are now buying our extra eggs. My coop will hold 16-20 chickens all together, if 4-6 of them are on the nests, and you don't count the waterer and feeder space. Even with those additional layers, they would still probably be too lazy to give me more eggs than I could spare. Oh, Do you need the names of my roosters? They are pretty much useless too, as they are even lazier than my hens and don't lay any eggs at all, ever.
wink.png

Quote:
hugs.gif
But, no one was 'out' any money or hurt financially by the joke. No one is better off, but they arent any worse off.
And honestly there was enough 'clues' to make one really wonder about the reality of it...naming your chickens?
lau.gif

We are all just honorary members of the 'Gotcha' club at BYC. Fortunately, there is only 1 recruitment day each year.
gig.gif

I am still on the waiting list for last years 'egg-cell' phones.
idunno.gif

Quote:
I agree, Ranchhand. Its made me a bit queasy watching the people who are still "falling" for it. I think it is time to end it now. I don't believe people are asking to be considered out of greed at all. It's not the lottery. It's a pittance. But if the chickens paid for their own feed or brought in any extra money and I was out of work or just not bringing in enough with the cost of food, gas, utilities...etc...going up the way they are....you bet I would be hoping this was real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom