New Hampshire!

Pics
Hi again, I don't know how to PM? But want to ask about your Dominiques, if not for this year, maybe pre-order for next? If you could let me know how to PM I could give you my info??? Thanks so much! I did even more reading on them and really like that they tend towards being broody, as I want to raise my own flock and seems the broodiness has been breed out of the hatchery BR's
sad.png
so I probably won't get any hens that will go broody for me! Hope all is going well and have more questions too...not much up on this internet thing or these boards...sorry
hmm.png
Mithious/Laurie
Hi, it's easy! Just go to the avatar's face and their name and hover over and it will come down w/ different things you can do w/ that person. You will see PM and just do it! How have you been?

Hi Everyone! I just purchased 2 Cochin=1 and splash-blue and 1 blue both born 5/18/2012. They say in this site that they go broody. I'm new to this,breeding process.
Having 4 Americana's and 2 RIR's,2 Silkies=1 black, & 1 Chipmunk, 2 buff Orpingtons, 4 Wyandottes= Colombian, Goldenlace & Silverlace and 1 Goldenlace Cocerial ,
I would love to raise a few chicks of my own! I have purchased and were given most of these.
If I were to do this, what should I look for in a supplier of (?) hopefully fertile eggs.

1. Should I stick to their color?
2. I would like some different color's, Cochins..What color to what color?
3. I would like to have a few different chickens, would the Cochins hatch them?
4.Is this encouraging the hen to continue being broody?
hi,
Are you looking for fertile eggs or for a rooster for your girls?
If a rooster-get black
I have cochins-they are very broody. They will hatch any eggs you give them.
wait till they go broody-give them eggs-they do the rest.
hope this helps

hi,
Are you looking for fertile eggs or for a rooster for your girls?
If a rooster-get black
I have cochins-they are very broody. They will hatch any eggs you give them.
wait till they go broody-give them eggs-they do the rest.
hope this helps
I'm wondering about fertile eggs for my cochin's.
How would I know where to get good eggs for them to hatch?
Plus should I want to have them hatch other eggs, again, where would I look?
Thank you
I got them in Me. from someone not to far away, seeing there would be no swaps for awhile.
Could I purchase any from a Me. swap meet?
More questions, sorry
Thank you!

Hello, I hope no one minds me advertising here but I don't ship so I thought I would put my chicks for sale on the NH page.

I saved some hatching eggs from my friends silver laced polish rooster and my mixed hen, I am not sure what she is, she has a buttercup comb, and 5 toes on each foot, but is clean legged... I think she is pretty
roll.png

anyways I saved these eggs and then my husband banned me from hatching any more until I sell off the excess chicks I already have so I have 7 eggs from these guys that I can't just throw away so if anyone wants the hatching eggs they are free. no shipping unless you want to be a test run because I have never shipped eggs before. here are a few pictures of the adults

rooster

hen

I also have too many chicks so I am looking to sell off some. I have the following chicks ( and i use that word lightly some are almost 5 months old) for sale or free (roosters lol) they are pictured below.

blue and orange boy- he is from a batch of eggs i ordered from ebay that was for "silkie/sizzle cross chicks" you can definitely see a walnut comb and he has a bit of a crest as well, 5 toes, feathered feet. FREE

this is one i hatched from my own chickens, mom is a barred rock, dad is a frizzle, her sibling is a frizzle posted the next picture. $5.00

Frizzle boy - sibling to the chicken above. hatched from my chickens- mom is the white adult from the hatching eggs ad above and dad is my frizzle rooster. FREE

Spot- pretty sure it is a girl, from the silkie/sizzle cross eggs, all white with a few black spots. she also has a little crest $5.00

Rooster from the silkie/sizzle cross eggs... i wish he was a she because "beautiful" just barely begins to describe this boy wonderful colors and a little crest on him as well FREE

Hiding in the back, black marans girl $10.00

LF Black frizzle cochin female $10.00

sold to me as "colorful egg chicks" I believe she is an oe I was never really clear on the official mix but that is what I think she is- I can double check the ad to be sure. $5.00

Islandic chicks, I think it is boy, girl, boy, but the one on the far left of the pic might be a girl. I can get better pictures if anyone was interested $5.00 each unless they are all bought together then it is just $10 total.

left is a LF black frizzle cochin female $10.00 and the right is a LF mottled frizzle cochin male $10 unless you buy him with one of the girl frizzle cochins then he is free.

I
also have a pair of Bielefelder chicks for sale. go to greenfirefarms.com they are selling males for $80.00 a day old chick and females $150.00 a day old chick. Mine are WELL started (born in mid march) and I am selling the PAIR for $150.00 TOTAL. Great way to start a little flock. the pic is of two females but the ad is for one male and one female.

And if you get a bunch of chicks I will cut you a deal on the total price. don't tell my husband but I might consider trades for unique breeds- only for females though (unless you have a pair of something I might want to breed in the future)- I am up to my ears in boys that I am keeping for some reason haha.
any other questions feel free to ask. I am in Cornish.

Less than anywhere else is still exorbitant. I would never pay that much for a pair of chickens, but that's just me. I'm sure someone will be pleased to take them off your hands. :)

yep I already sold a few pairs. I am excited to work with the breed. they sound fun... i think greenfire described them as the "uber chicken" haha. I guess the boys get pretty big and the ladies lay a decent sized egg. plus they are auto sexing so telling male from female is easy. all around good chicken :)

Back
Top Bottom