New Hampshire!

Hey all! We are downsizing and have two mini-lop rabbits(pedigreed) that we are looking for homes for. I have a doe and a buck, they are a breeding pair. Located in North Woodstock if anyone is interested. They are free and will come with all of their food and equipment, minus the hutch.

I am in Strafford County, NH and looking for local Bearded Belgian Quail D'anvers. Does anyone know where to find some relatively close to my location; in small quantities. I have room for maybe four new chicks in my coop. I like the auburn-black quail and the blue-silver quail. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi ....... I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if Mindy is an EE or an Ameraucana? I was told that I was buying Blue Wheaten Ameraucana eggs to give to my broody hen. She hatched on August 16th so she is 22 weeks old.

Can you post a side view and a closer picture of feet and legs? I think the legs look like a nice slate color and not green-ish, but a closer shot would be helpful.

This does look like a Wheaten or Blue Wheaten Ameraucana. I have several girls with that very nice full beard.

Did it hatch from a true blue egg?

Last edited:
That would be great, thanks!

So here's my report on the NPIP testing! The tech from the state came this morning, I was at work but the hubby handled everything here at home. He said she was very nice, it was the same woman who came out last year, too. He said she did ask questions about sanitation. Because it was SO cold today, she had called in advance to ask if there was somewhere above freezing she could set up to take the samples so the blood wouldn't just freeze solid. We put a small heater out in the little shed we use as a brooder house later in the spring and let her work there. So she was already in our brooder space, and hubby pointed that out when she asked about sanitation. I don't know if she asked any questions about where/how we incubate (I didn't grill the hubby, heh), but we don't currently have any incubators running anyway so there was nothing to show her about that. And she saw the coops themselves, of course. We are a very small operation, at the moment we have a grand total of 19 chickens and two turkeys, heh.

Hampstead.
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif

So here's my report on the NPIP testing! The tech from the state came this morning, I was at work but the hubby handled everything here at home. He said she was very nice, it was the same woman who came out last year, too. He said she did ask questions about sanitation. Because it was SO cold today, she had called in advance to ask if there was somewhere above freezing she could set up to take the samples so the blood wouldn't just freeze solid. We put a small heater out in the little shed we use as a brooder house later in the spring and let her work there. So she was already in our brooder space, and hubby pointed that out when she asked about sanitation. I don't know if she asked any questions about where/how we incubate (I didn't grill the hubby, heh), but we don't currently have any incubators running anyway so there was nothing to show her about that. And she saw the coops themselves, of course. We are a very small operation, at the moment we have a grand total of 19 chickens and two turkeys, heh.

Thanks for walking me through your testing. I'll have to see what happens when they come out this year. I'm not due for testing until June. I'm not planning on selling many chicks this year but would like to sell hatching eggs instead. Much easier than raising chicks. I'm finding that I have a large egg customer base in my new company should I choose to sell eating eggs.

I am new to New Hampshire and want to start with a small flock of chickens this spring. This will be my first experience with chickens. Could someone explain who is subject to NPIP testing. Is it for all backyard flocks, or is it intended for breeders only? Also, when I purchase chicks, should I only consider those from NPIP certified farms?
Thanks for your help. I may be asking a lot of questions.

Back
Top Bottom