Not Sure if You've Got a Pullet or a Cockerel? Click here! thread 3

Pics
@junebuggena or whoever would know...

I ordered 4 BAs... how do you tell th difference between them and JGs? I'm afraid I've ended up with one or three JGs! They all have different leg colors...Besides the fact that one EE doesn't have muffs... is she just younger and hasn't developed the muffs yet? Or is she a wrong breed?

Hi everyone!
I was hoping maybe some of you may be able to help me with sexing my little darlings? Its the first time I've had chicks so this has all very much been a learning curve for me. I have looked up how to sex chicks and I hazard a guess that I have 5 cockerels (Chick #1 & #3 - #6)and 1 pullet (Chick #2)...but I just wanted to double check before I send the roos to the market! They are Scots Greys and are 3 weeks old. I posted this in another forum and someone kindly replied and agreed with me, but suggested I post in here to get a second opinion just in case. Any help is greatly appreciated, and I hope the photos are ok.

Chick #1:

Chick #2

Chick #3

Chick #4

Chick #5

Chick #6.

Hi everyone! I was hoping maybe some of you may be able to help me with sexing my little darlings? Its the first time I've had chicks so this has all very much been a learning curve for me. I have looked up how to sex chicks and I hazard a guess that I have 5 cockerels (Chick #1 & #3 - #6)and 1 pullet (Chick #2)...but I just wanted to double check before I send the roos to the market! They are Scots Greys and are 3 weeks old. I posted this in another forum and someone kindly replied and agreed with me, but suggested I post in here to get a second opinion just in case. Any help is greatly appreciated, and I hope the photos are ok. Chick #1: Chick #2 Chick #3 Chick #4 Chick #5 Chick #6.
your guess looks to be correct..

Need help with gendering my cream legbar chicks.
I don't have any experience with this breed, but I have read on here that this breed is auto-sexed. I did a quick search and found this.
LL
Yours seem very light in color.
I haven't had any experience in auto sexing them but you are correct that it can be done.
X2

I ordered 4 BAs... how do you tell th difference between them and JGs? I'm afraid I've ended up with one or three JGs! They all have different leg colors...Besides the fact that one EE doesn't have muffs... is she just younger and hasn't developed the muffs yet? Or is she a wrong breed?
Anyone know?

To clarify you ordered 4 Black Australorps (correct?) and you think they maybe Jersey Giants? I believe Jersey Giants have yellow soles while Black Australorps have white soles. Some EEs are clean shaven so it maybe hard to say if she is are isn't an EE.

[@=/u/344567/junebuggena]@junebuggena[/@] or whoever would know...

To clarify you ordered 4 Black Australorps (correct?) and you think they maybe Jersey Giants? I believe Jersey Giants have yellow soles while Black Australorps have white soles. Some EEs are clean shaven so it maybe hard to say if she is are isn't an EE.
Thats what I was thinking... I belive i have at least 3 with orange feet but will have to check again today.
The EE might be beardless. She's my brother's favorite... she's like a solid dark brown/red. Pretty little thing... I hope shes an EE, although I'd be happy with another breed, too.

Edit: and yes... I did order 4 black Austrolorps.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
I have a few buff Orpingtons at 10 weeks old that I would like to know what gender they are. I have a roo the same age/breed that is already crowing. Are these young cockerals or are they pullets? Thank you in advance!
chick #1

Chick #2

I can take other pictures if you need them. I have another one that looks just like these, but they move so fast I couldn't take a picture very well:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom