Ohiki Chicken Thread

Samurai & Geisha Girl
These are from my selective breeding the best of my best and are third generation. As far as willow green legs and blue legs they had feathering of a different color. The white had yellow orange legs. They are very sweet natured and the coloring is exactly what I wanted.

willow leg is for the basic colors
whites should be yellow
barred stuff like this male are genetically stuck with pearl or yellow legs, impossible to get green or slate on them
mottled stuff like the mille hen are also genetically prone to mottled, or yellow legs, though it is possible to get colored ones in them unlike the barred

willow leg is for the basic colors
whites should be yellow
barred stuff like this male are genetically stuck with pearl or yellow legs, impossible to get green or slate on them
mottled stuff like the mille hen are also genetically prone to mottled, or yellow legs, though it is possible to get colored ones in them unlike the barred
They are my darlings. They have Interesting looking baby chicks. I never know what the baby chick will look like at hatching. She has 6 just hatched and promised for Friday delivery. Each one is different. She is the best mommy hen. Such an angel. When she sits to lay an egg he goes to her and softly coos to her.

Last edited:
i have royal palmX bourbons but you might have better luck finding people with wild ones in the turkey threads think i have seen some eggs for sale on the eggs sale page too

Thanks Aubrey!

We were gifted 4 Ohiki hens and 2 roosters last summer. We were told that they were purchased as eggs off of Ebay from a breeder and were very rare. Our intent was to keep them as pets and not start a chicken business. We allowed the hens to sit on some eggs and surprise!!! We now have 8 Ohiki chicks.
Is there a resource that anyone would recommend that would help us identify if the roosters and hens we have are actually "the real deal". I am not sure I want to keep 8 more chickens but would like to know what I actually have. Thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom