Ohiki Chicken Thread

Pics
all depends on how good of bird they are.
ohiki culls are free. breeder quality are anywhere from $100 each and up
bantam phoenix really range a lot. average birds are $40 or so each, nice ones $100 each all day long
fly ties virtually are not available. The only adult male I have ever seen being sold publically ended up being sold at $1000 for him.

all of this of course is based on being on line and volume of people seeing them, and knowing the name.

all depends on how good of bird they are.
ohiki culls are free. breeder quality are anywhere from $100 each and up
bantam phoenix really range a lot. average birds are $40 or so each, nice ones $100 each all day long
fly ties virtually are not available. The only adult male I have ever seen being sold publically ended up being sold at $1000 for him.

all of this of course is based on being on line and volume of people seeing them, and knowing the name.

Wow, I guess I am not sitting
In the right place for neighbors and others to buy them. I got my eggs from you fall of 2013 & Spring 2014. Right after that while Spring eggs were hatching my chickens I bought from you started laying. They laid all summer. They hatched them and I sold some and rehomed some. I had to separate the girls from the boys to stop the fertilized eggs. I brought them all back together but had to keep smashing eggs all fall put eggs back ino their feed. Egg laying slowed down quite a bit this winter but I am still smashing their eggs and feeding eggs back to them to keep the wee Ones from hatching. They are a hard sell up in these mountains.
So the Fly-Ties I got from you I should keep and put on Rare Breed Auctions maybe?

For sure on the fly tie. I have around 50 dozen spoken for already. On ebay they wenr from $75-$180 per 6 last year. Every time just about.
Im the only one selling them to the public.
You have to get away fro. the local back yard people. They just want a free chicken. I have never once sold a thing local. Just give away my culls. To get decent money, tou have to build a name for yourself. And list them all on line. Yes those sites would.be a good place to start. Id especially keep all thise fly tie. They are highly saught after.

For sure on the fly tie. I have around 50 dozen spoken for already. On ebay they wenr from $75-$180 per 6 last year. Every time just about.
Im the only one selling them to the public.
You have to get away fro. the local back yard people. They just want a free chicken. I have never once sold a thing local. Just give away my culls. To get decent money, tou have to build a name for yourself. And list them all on line. Yes those sites would.be a good place to start. Id especially keep all thise fly tie. They are highly saught after.
You are right. Neighbors want a small chicken for free. If they pay they want a big hen that a Hawk can not easily tote off. I will keep what I have left, the Fly-Ties, Ohiki size, Phoenix Bantam size and Phoenix size except for the BBred, a couple of barred and Silver I will offer but at an increase from what I have in the past. Thank you for the encouragement. My hubby will not like paying out for their feed bills
But maybe I can start getting them to pay their own feed bills.

I personally think ohiki chickens are ADORABLE
D.gif

Last year during the fall and This year during April and May I sold off most Ohiki and Cochin Bantams except,..because, Next Year I will be selling a hybrid only.
I sold off most adult Japanese Ohiki (Dwarf) except Calico (white based with calico coloring Fly Tie) roo Named Samuri
And sold off most Chinese Calico Cochin Bantams except Hen named Kimono whom is an exceptional Calico with not too much white. Kimono looks more like a Jubilee. Excellent balance of white. Others are named Dragon, Ming, Geisha & Kimona. Decided to hold back several of the babies.

These two and their wee ones, next year will be the hybrid teams of Chinese Cochin Bantam Hens and Japanese Ohiki Dwarf Roosters. Will see how things go over. Also documenting the darker color of driftwood, wide dark stripe Down the back versus the small narrow stripe of the lighter goldens. So far it is 50/50 in color.
I am shooting for less feathering on legs and feet. By the way I know 10 years ago Cochin Bantams were used to help along the Ohiki breed.

Last edited:
Hi Aubrey,
I did see your eggs listed on ebay. I am going to suggest to some to bid on your eggs on ebay.
That is where I got my start with you on ebay 2013.
I wondered if you had switched over to rarebreedsauctions?

Last edited:
I bought some Eggs from Boggy that are in the bator right now and have some hens and roosters i bought from a local that bought his eggs from Boggy.

So far all the eggs except one is showing veins , its early yet of course!.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom