Ohiki Chicken Thread

Pics
There still fighting the leg stubble's in the English Orpingtons also. Most all of them still have a few on the upper legs...They still have culling to do also but they were rushed for the sake of ***** and let out to early just as our Ohiki were. Lucky we are almost rid of stubble's now.. With the hard work of several breeders we have been trying to fix the problems that 1 bad breeder did by letting them out to soon.

Last edited:
Leg stubble is still a problem in our American Orpingtons too Toni. I have seen several Buffs get DQ'd at shows for it. People are outcrossing them to the big buff cochins to get more under feathers. They pretty much look like a hard feathered cochin without feathered feet. I have them too from one of the best known breeders of them and I pulled a few stubbles out before the show this week.

This is better than a graduate level genetics class! And alot of fun. Tell me has any done any DNA studies of what see and learn?

Leg stubble is still a problem in our American Orpingtons too Toni. I have seen several Buffs get DQ'd at shows for it. People are outcrossing them to the big buff cochins to get more under feathers. They pretty much look like a hard feathered cochin without feathered feet. I have them too from one of the best known breeders of them and I pulled a few stubbles out before the show this week.
aw Travis.... now that's cheating hahaha

Hey Toni hows your birds hatching now?We are still hatching from the Cockrels we got from you this spring..Hope to have some pullets from this spring's hatch laying within this month or by the middle of next month.Onward and upward!

~~Just a little heads up,

I will be starting to reserve orders for the coming season for eggs and chicks Next week. If any of you have been wanting something, nows the time to let me know so that I can get you in the book early, even if you don't want them til summer, I tend to book up pretty quick as many of you know, so let me know so I can reserve some for you. will have just about every color under the sun in ohiki, bantam phoenix, d'anvers, Sumatra bantam, as well as the imported German large fowl Phoenix lines. ... Thanks

PM me....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom