***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Still dealing with the temperature and rolling tummy but improving. I did eat dinner without getting nauseous. Seems like I'm sleeping all the time..take the dogs out, sleep, feed the birds, sleep, coop up at night and sleep. Notice I didn't say cooking. Would not wish this on my worst enemy
sickbyc.gif

Have five hatched Delaware bantam chicks to take to a broody hen tonight and move eggs to the incubator. These little guys just explode out of the shell.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! After trying to get on this website three times I am finally here. I can't read back to see what everyone has posted, it just locks up my screen. NanaKat I hope you feel better~ I was going to ask about a chow chow recipe but I will wait for another time.

Looks like my cornish crosses will be here tomorrow so that project will start. I plan to continue working on the pen this weekend & hopefully get that finished up. I have some stuborn chickens that want to roots in the tree's instead of in the safe coop!

Nana, take care, take it easy, that takes alot out of you.

Cute pics everyone

I am having chick survival issues, they were fine as young ones, but have had several to die one at a time, seem fine one day dead the next. and a couple that were "helped" by pressumed feral cat.

Nana, take care, take it easy, that takes alot out of you.

Cute pics everyone

I am having chick survival issues, they were fine as young ones, but have had several to die one at a time, seem fine one day dead the next. and a couple that were "helped" by pressumed feral cat.
I had a lot die like that this Summer. It was not cociddiosis (sp). I think it was some kind of bacteria? Jack lost a lot that way too. We both lost a lot of Wheatens; Jack- Marans, and me - Ameraucanas. We think the breeds with narrow bloodlines are more susceptible to what even it was because my Ameraucana chicks that are Wheaten/Blue crosses all survived but none of my pure Wheatens! I don't know if I want to cross those 1/2 Wheatens back to my pure Wheatens and strenghten the bloodline of sell all my Wheatens. I feel pretty busy with my 2 Cochin projects - Self-Blue and Mille Fleur. I will NEVER give up my Cochins but those Ameraucanas sure are pretty.

Christina, horses live a a lot longer, maybe it's good Taron's switching gears. I'm sorry about Fat Louie. I think of him every time I hear a really cool chicken name.
MJ, I'll take your male Guinea if no one with a flock takes him. I love the males, the females not so much :-/ Are you sure it's a male? He makes a loud cackling noise and not the 800 decibel 2-syllable sound? We lost our 13 yr old Guinea boy last spring, I really miss having a boy. I have 3 Lavender keets I got from the auction (had 6 and lost 3). I was going to just place the girls and keep any boys. Your boy could be head honcho because these little ones won't be out in the yard til spring. It's up to you. If you feel a flock with girls is better for him then i sure understand.
Nana, get lots of rest!, I feel for you.
Here's one of the 3 Asil chicks I just got, I'm hoping it feathers out with spangles. The're sure calm chicks.
Uno is a boy for sure, none of the two-note calls and has the curved side wattles. I've got to get a pic and post it. He is really pretty. You can have him. I know he will get a good home.

Back
Top Bottom