OMG!!! First Game Cam pic ever. Huge Funny thread

.... AM .... PRICING .... CAMERAS....

We've been told we have bobcat and bear in our area... me wants to see!!

thumbsup.gif
AWESOME !!! Beautiful cat!
thumbsup.gif

Location should be taken into consideration with regards to the size of any species... For example, the deer here in Iowa tend to be much larger than the deer found in Arkansas. I would imagine the same goes for predators.

OP- Where are you located?

emys,

I always thought it was just my imagination that made things seem bigger and scarier in the dark. You've just showed me that things actually are bigger and scarier in the dark. LOL

That is an awesome picture and a great comparison.

Thanks for sharing.

Looks like a mountain lion to me too. It has a lot of muscle, resembling large wild cats, such as loins. To big to be a domestic cat and your dogs wouldnt be upset and bothered by a domestic cat, but they would be very upset and even scared if they smelled that kind of cat in the yard!

It will be back. They travel in a circuit. Mark your calendar the next time it shows up. This will give you some idea of when it will revisit your area. Lock up your stock when you think it is in the area.

It is a juvenile now, but it will grow. It is definitely not something you want to run into on a night time visit to the out house.

Drain that pond. It probably is just looking for water, but it will take what it can get as far as livestock goes.

I don't see an electric fence as being very effective against mountain lions. They just jump over them.

Good Luck,

Rufus

Last edited:
i HAVE to get one of these cams now(when I raise $ and find out how much they are!) this is gorgeous and i consider you lucky because we don't have big cats(many) here in central ohio. glad you will not eliminate it and I am big on DISCOURAGING wildlife from bothering my pens at night. that is such a hoot. have fun.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom