OMG!!! First Game Cam pic ever. Huge Funny thread

In the interest of science, here are the chair measurements.

The double chair is 30 inches wide without the arms (just the part you put your but on). The arms are each 5 inches wide across the top. The back of the chair is 20 and 3/4 inches high (just the part you sit in - not from the ground. This chair sits 75 inches (over 6 feet) behind were the animal stood, so don't forget that objects look smaller or larger depending on their placement in relation to your view.

The single chair is 20inches wide (again just the part you sit on). The arms are 4 and 1/2 inches wide across the top and the height is 22 and 1/2 inches high (repeat - just part you sit on). This chair sits only 40 inches from where the animal stood.

If someone out there is very good with calculations maybe they can calculate the length and height of the animal??

We are in Northern Idaho and only a few blocks (maybe 4-5 blocks if we had blocks there) between us and a year round natural creek. There are houses all along the road between us and the creek on one side of the road, and maybe 7 houses along the other side of the road, with all fields behind those 7 houses. From there it's nothing but farm land for a few miles, then it's all woods. Miles and miles of woods, which is where he must come from on his long walks...

We'll keep trying to get more pics

THANKS to whomever fixed my pictures so they showed up side by side. (I couldn't figure that out this morning.)

Last edited:
i maintain that the perspective throws the size of the cat off. to calculate and compare we would need know the distance between the cat and the camera in each photo. did you use different cameras? i notice the daylight doenst show a stamp and appears to be a little farther away and/or taken from a higher perspective.. also the trees and fence/trellis thingy are angled differently.

the lower the camera the larger the animal looks..

Last edited:
Quote:
We have winner.

It is a cougar for those of us that live out west we know what they look like as a couple people have mentioned I have seen bobcats and Cougars while hunting and that is a young one.

ep.gif
ummmmmmmmm YIKES!!!!! We call them Panther's down her! Nice shot~

Last edited:
The camera was about 14 feet 5 inches away (give or take - I am the only one home right now and had to weight the end of the tape down and run around the pond).

The first camera is the game cam and was belted around a 4x4 post the post only extends 4 inches from the little wall it makes up.

We already moved the game cam, to try and take a shot from a different angle next time. So this morning when I took the photo of my cat I placed my little regular digital camera on the same post, so I may have been 4 inches higher.

We have mountain lions. Nasty beasts they are. I just have to keep hoping chicken is too much fluff and bones for them! And that 1x2 wiring and 1/2x1/2 hardware cloth is too much work.
fl.gif

They're nice, cause they'll attack a lone coyote, but mean because if you come home in the middle of the night, they're not scared of you. My neighbor works nights and had to wait an hour or two for the big cat to leave so she could go inside...
What's worse is it was looking at my chicken coop...
hide.gif

to be honest, i'm not so sure that thats not the same cat in the picture (the flash at night can create a glare that would wash out its markings..i know from experience). but its defnitely a domestic cat. you can see its back left foot is on the rock at the base of the chair. and the night picture cat is angled more sideways than the day time cat that is turned more toward us. the nighttime cats right legs are extended further down than its left legs causing it to look bigger combined with the closer camera, lower view, black and white contrasts, etc. even a juvenile cougar would be much larger compared the chairs in the back ground, and keep in mind they are behind the cat making it look bigger as well.

also if you look closesly you can see the dark rings on the yellow cats long tail. the cat that may have been getting out of the chair for all i know, appears to have its tail extending under the chair in such a way that you cant see it all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom