OMG!!! First Game Cam pic ever. Huge Funny thread

Well if it turns out to be a cat on steroids, which it could be, I guess, at least I've given everyone something to talk about.

Many people I've shown this photo to locally all have the same initial reaction - "Is it a mountain lion or Bobcat or?" I just ask them to tell me what they see. So I don't feel too bad if it does turn out that way - I'm not the only one who thought that.

Unfortunately another cloudy rainy night and no pictures from the game cam!

Last edited:
Oh Yeah, we have in my little corner of the world a mama cougar that does her rounds and she like the lady's place up the street the best. Every year she will raise 2 pigs one always seems to go missing with proof of how it "disappeared" When you ask her why doesn't she do any thing to protect her animals she will tell you see is. She makes sure MAMA has her pig and she leaves everybody elses stuff alone. Well I have had bobcat x run around my place and we usually trap them they are picked up by wildlife and game (animal control won't pick up, they tell you to shot it) W.L.G will take them off spay them tag them and rerelease else were. One looked dead up like a young cougar but once W.L.G said it was just a bobcat x it weighted 48lbs. All I could think is omg I could take all 4 of my dogs put together and still it would out weigh them. As for your ... nice... kitty..I don't have a clue just a cool picture of nite time nature. And another reason to stay in at night or carry a HUGH club with you if you have to go out at night. Run your electric wire about 3" away from the top and another strand about 6" or so from the bottom. that will keep it from climbing and if it does jump on wire it can't go over top.

It is NOT a domestic cat. It is either a juvenile mountain lion or bobcat. I know domestic cats and I've seen some big (20 lb) cats who never got as big as the kitty in that picture.

Now, I've said my peace and counted to three.
This argument is over, I'm right, you're wrong.
lol.png

Okay, it works with my DH, I thought it might work here. LOL

Cougar 100% just look at the size of its head relative to its forelegs, it is not uncommon for young cats to wander into cities in search of there own territory. All too often this happens out west, not year goes by that a cougar is not found in some garage or up a tree even in densely populated areas. So that being said take all precautions to protect your family and pets and I would notify your local animal control, because you would not want to accidently corner that cat. And yes cougars love fresh chicken.

Emys--you HAVE to get more evidence to settle this thing once and for all! Sand, flour out for tracks, game cam and some bait. If it is a domestic cat, we need a daytime photo of that bugger! Keep us posted.....

ETA--I'm voting for domestic cat, large light yellow tabby variety. Perspective making it look larger......

Last edited:
Ok, I'm jumping in on the cougar bandwagon.

That head is unmistakable. That is a cougar's head. It's body is hunched up because look how close the back foot is to the front foot.

ETA: turn it a little and add light and you have ------->
cougar-profile.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom