Peacock Lost by USPS

ordered 8 pied peachicks from strombergs on may 5 , they keep changing the date, first they said they hatched late this year. so they told me the 20 of july, I called on 21 the lady said she would call the breeder and that the tentative date was on the 21 ofthis month, waited all week , no call back or peachicks....wth.... what should I do? wait, get a refund? idk?
idunno.gif

Sounds like an allergic reaction to me from either the wormer or the frontline.  Just speculating...

He hadn't been given any worker at that time. And the frontline was applied 2 weeks prior to the reaction. It does resemble an allergic reaction I suppose, but I can't think of anything that had JUST been applied.

ordered 8 pied peachicks from strombergs on may 5 , they keep changing the date, first they said they hatched late this year. so they told me the 20 of july, I called on 21 the lady said she would call the breeder and that the tentative date was on the 21 ofthis month, waited all week , no call back or peachicks....wth.... what should I do? wait, get a refund? idk?
idunno.gif

Cancel your order and call Brad Legg in KC area. One of the top breeders in the country with top quality birds. http://leggspeafowl.com/contactleggs.htm

He hadn't been given any worker at that time. And the frontline was applied 2 weeks prior to the reaction. It does resemble an allergic reaction I suppose, but I can't think of anything that had JUST been applied.
a reaction would have happened much faster and if i hasn't already gotten rid of the lice it ain't gonna, justsayen
i would go ahead and treat him with 1cc ivermec split and applied tot the tail area and in between the shoulders.

a reaction would have happened much faster and if i hasn't already gotten rid of the lice it ain't gonna, justsayen
 i would go ahe. and treat him with 1cc ivermec split and applied tot the tail area and in between the shoulders.

I am afraid of that. My thought was that since he used the spray, maybe it didn't get to the skin. When I spoke to my vet he said that Ivermectin wouldn't work on biting lice very well, just sucking lice. I did spray him with permethrin and put Sevin dust in his bedding. Do you think I should treat with ivermectin too?

i would go ahead and treat him with 1cc ivermec split and applied tot the tail area and in between the shoulders.

I wish I had thought of splitting the Ivermec before I did all my peas last week. I know that the common suggestion on these threads is one cc/ml but after consulting with Kathy the other day about my chicks, one cc/ml may be overkill. Is there a danger of using that much twice a year? I called my vet about it and her assistant called back saying six drops. I asked if that was what the vet said and she said "No, that is what I found on BYC'. Go figure.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom