Peck-O-Matic anyone tried this?

Just heard about this design for a feeder. Do you guys think it would work for meaties? I had quite a problem with mice in my chicken tractors last year so was thinkng of some sort of trigger feeder. The treadles won't work I think as the birds are too small to stand on the bar and reach the food.

I used hanging feeders last year, but there was so much scratched out of the feeder....

Yes, It works with meaties

I have been using the peckomatic for close to three months now. I was using trigger feeders before.

No comparison. Easy to use, easy to fill and no food waste. Yes, more I would have liked to spend but I would now buy again.

I have been using the peckomatic for close to three months now. I was using trigger feeders before.

No comparison. Easy to use, easy to fill and no food waste. Yes, more I would have liked to spend but I would now buy again.
Technically, peckomatic is a trigger feeder.......
......with the addition of a funnel and a dish, and a couple other nice amenities.

I'd love to be able to buy just the funnel!

Okay, other trigger feeders. I do love trigger feeders.

The funnel looks like it specially made and why shipping costs are what are. Maybe you could get one printed?

Okay, other trigger feeders. I do love trigger feeders.

The funnel looks like it specially made and why shipping costs are what are. Maybe you could get one printed?
Oooooo printed!!! 3D printed!!

That's an excellent idea.... as I have 3D modeling cadd skills and program!!!
Hmmmm......

Just imagine the possibilities. With your can do attitude I know you can come up with something pretty interesting.

Then you can sell the file to others!

Last edited:

I made one from parts from one of those red/white gravity feeders. Works good. Less waste

I've been seeing ads for the peck-o-matic pop up on my facebook page. I was curious, because my hens currently waste a lot of feed. Thanks to all of you who have posted comments and shared ideas. You-all have me thinking.

ETA: I really like that feeder made from the yogurt container. I'd like to make something that but it seems too small for my needs. Maybe I could find a larger/taller container, or make more than one...
As I was mulling it over, I decided that if the peck-o-matic would save 1/3 of the feed from being lost, it would pay for itself in less than 1 year. While watching the youtube videos, I saw that they use it for ducks too. My sister and niece raise ducks for eggs. (my sister sees it as a business, my niece sees the ducks as pets.) I realized that if I ordered 2, it would save significantly on the shipping, so I went ahead and ordered 2.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom