Peck-O-Matic anyone tried this?

Yes, you could make one yourself. I have made a few.

The value in this one however hinges on the funnel and the ease of change the feed regulators. This funnel makes it easy to use the entire bucket. It fits flush to the bottom. That enables you to use the entire bucket for feed. Less fill ups. The only thing I could see improving this design is a bigger feed tray. I am however thrilled with the ease of putting it on or taking it off for cleaning. Nothing in this is screwed or glued together and comes apart in seconds for a complete cleaning.

I looked high and low for a funnel close to this design but could not find one. The company is having them made for their design.

Last edited:
Yes, you could make one yourself. I have made a few.

The value in this one however hinges on the funnel and the ease of change the feed regulators. This funnel makes it easy to use the entire bucket. It fits flush to the bottom. That enables you to use the entire bucket for feed. Less fill ups. The only thing I could see improving this design is a bigger feed tray. I am however thrilled with the ease of putting it on or taking it off for cleaning. Nothing in this is screwed or glued together and comes apart in seconds for a complete cleaning.

I looked high and low for a funnel close to this design but could not find one. The company is having them made for their design.
I hear ya, I'd like to buy just one of his funnels....to use in this combo trigger/no waste feeder but with the taller 7 gal bucket.

I agree the funnel is the key part. It is also the reason the shipping is not cheap, due to it's dimensions. Everything else fit in the box that was needed for the funnel.

You could easily make the feeder with a regular bucket and then cut another bucket like you did with holes for feeding and attach it with screws to the first bucket. You do need on bucket though to cut the 4" hole in for the funnel. It rests on the bottom of the bucket.

Quote:

The trigger feeders are interesting and I like how this peck-o-matic comes with the adjustable disks and funnel. @aart , I like your feeder too. Maybe you have, or could find locally, an appropriately sized elizabethan or e-collar (cone collars for dogs) to serve the function of the funnel? Might be an inexpensive solution.

Quote:

The trigger feeders are interesting and I like how this peck-o-matic comes with the adjustable disks and funnel. @aart , I like your feeder too. Maybe you have, or could find locally, an appropriately sized elizabethan or e-collar (cone collars for dogs) to serve the function of the funnel? Might be an inexpensive solution.
I actually just had to buy an Ecollar for a dog...and the thought crossed my mind, but it's really not appropriate...would take too much modification and not sturdy enough.

I used a 12 inch metal funnel because the nozzle base was nice for press fitting the discs in place, which I easily cut out of teflon with a fine toothed coping saw.
I was going to cut down the top of the funnel to fit inside the bucket but it set on the edge of the bucket and the bucket handle kept it in place nicely and the capacity was fine for my needs at this time.

Still looking for a plastic funnel that would be easy to cut down into the bucket farther for more capacity...brewers funnel might work but have to hold it in my hands to know for sure.

Quote:

I actually just had to buy an Ecollar for a dog...and the thought crossed my mind, but it's really not appropriate...would take too much modification and not sturdy enough.

I used a 12 inch metal funnel because the nozzle base was nice for press fitting the discs in place, which I easily cut out of teflon with a fine toothed coping saw.
I was going to cut down the top of the funnel to fit inside the bucket but it set on the edge of the bucket and the bucket handle kept it in place nicely and the capacity was fine for my needs at this time.

Still looking for a plastic funnel that would be easy to cut down into the bucket farther for more capacity...brewers funnel might work but have to hold it in my hands to know for sure.

We had a guy on our AZ thread that used the e-collar for a funnel; it seemed to work for him. He posted about it here, but all the pictures of his work are now gone.
sad.png
Good luck on finding the funnel!

Quote:

We had a guy on our AZ thread that used the e-collar for a funnel; it seemed to work for him. He posted about it here, but all the pictures of his work are now gone.
sad.png
Good luck on finding the funnel!
Bummer I hate it when the pics disappear.

Back
Top Bottom