Pekin Duck Club!

I have a 14 month Pekin duck, Laffy, she has been acting really strangely the past week or so. She hasnt layed eggs normally in 6 weeks or more. I thought she was molting because she is missing feathers just underneath her wings. The feathers have not grown back. She seems to be getting worse. Today i let them out of the pen, usually they are ready to get out. Today Laffy didnt leave the pen. Neither did my drake Taffy. (I think hes worried to). She moves a lot slower than she used to and she just looks sick to me. I have noticed her stomach to be lower than normal and her poo to be light green or whitish. someone please help. I know ducks are pack creatures and since i only have 2 i dont want to loose her, plus shes like my baby. HELP PLEASE

I would get her to a vet asap, it could well be egg yolk peritonitis - very serious. Can be fatal. Not to scare you but to communicate the critical nature of the problem.

that is how mine acted but without the egg problem and the feathers under wing bc they really didnt have feathers but there was some missing flufff maybe thats what mine had

Anyone else having the same "coloring" issue as me? Qwkrs & Chz look like they are turning "yellow"? They are almost 4 months old... Is this the natural part of them molting for the first time?

Seems like my Pekins did that. Almost like they were sort of dirty. I think it's normal. Just provide clean swimming water. Never use soap on them.

Last edited:
Thank goodness a site that make's sense! I have a 1 month old Pekin duck female & a male. My female all of a sudden cannot walk or stand by herself! It is so heartbreaking to watch this! What can I do to help her? My male look's sad & helpless. I have been giving her poultry nutri-drench for 2-3 days now! It has all vitamins w/ niacin in it! Is there something else I should do for her? I dont want to lose her. Please let me know a.s.a.p. Ty

all my ducklings
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom