Photography-What is your favorite lens?

tazcat70

I must be crazy!
13 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Kansas
My Coop
My Coop
I have a Canon Xsi and I like the stock lens that came with it, 18-55, but I find I really like to use my 35-135mm lens more. On my list of lens to buy are a 50mm 1.8 (I would love the 1.4) and a nice macro.

I like the 35-135 because it give me a nice range of zoom, I guess it is my best all around lens.

What is your favorite lens? Why do you like it?

I've got a Canon Ti1 15.1mp SLR with a couple lenses. The kit lens is a EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Macro and a EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom. Slow shutter speeds, but eh, I can't see spending that much to get the enviable 1.4
ep.gif
I'm just too cheap.

The kit macro lens works great for photographing events and close-ups like insects. It's my go-to lens. Even for landscapes. The TZ is more suited for distance shots, but starts to blur a little at about 200MM+. I got it to photograph birds while camping, but it doesn't produce a sharp enough image for my taste.

I am too cheap too...I have a 100-300mm canon lens as well, but I just don't seem to use it. I am thinking about trading it in.

I have a canon 28-135mm lens that came with my kit and a 70-300mm lens I bought separately. I use both quite a bit and can't rally say I have a favorite. I usually bring both with me if I can. Otherwise, I carry the 28-135mm. That's a great walk around lens. The telephoto lens I use for animl shots and close ups of flowers. I don't have an actual macro lens so I use that to get my close ups. Works pretty well surprisingly! I also want to get the 50mm 1.8.

Back
Top Bottom