Pics of my newest hatchlings.

MariposaMama

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Mariposa, CA
These little guys hatched out over the weekend, but I'm just now finding the time to post pics (darn real world responsibilities
roll.png
).

This is my one surviving EE mix. I'm guessing the daddy is my NHR roo.
100_2975.jpg

This is a clone of my Blue Cochin roo, no idea which hen laid the egg (he's a busy boy, so it could have been anyone
roll.png
).
100_2955.jpg

This is the Giant Cochin I was hoping for (Jersey Giant hen X Blue Cochin roo)
big_smile.png

100_2957.jpg

These next two are out of my Partridge Rock eggs. Looks like the first could be from my Australorp roo, the second may be the NHR's.
100_2962.jpg

100_2965.jpg

This little one is a mystery. I don't know which hen laid the egg or which roo is responsible for it. Love the racing stripes, though.
100_2960.jpg

This last little one is the one I had to help hatch. It had partially zipped and then got stuck. When it first hatched it's toes were so curled it couldn't walk, but some extra vitamins and time alone in the incubator was all it needed. Now it's in with the others and doing great (and her toes have completely straightened out). I call her Dot because she's all yellow with three black dots on her back. Maybe Orpington X Australorp?
100_2963.jpg

This is my last hatch for the year, I promised hubby I'd put the bator away til spring, but Shadowpaints just informed me she got my eggs in great shape so I'm hoping to be able to see a few more of "my" babies hatch.

Oh they are sooooooooo cute! I might be hatching out some of my own birds from my first eggs soon too, and they'll all be mutts, but I don't care! That last little baby, the one with the curled toes is so beautiful. Post some pics as they grow, I'd like to see what they grow up to look like since they are mixes. A surprise in every egg, right? Lol!

Back
Top Bottom