Pilgrim Geese thread

Glad to find this thread as I've been interested in Pilgrim Geese for a while. Right now we have chickens (and love them!) but I think it would be nice to have a couple geese, especially the Pilgrim's after reading the bits I could find.

I think we'll be ready by next spring to add these to our small farm but I haven't had any luck finding them locally. Do any of you mind telling me where you got your geese?

Thanks!

There are a few within my driving distance where I live that have Pilgrims. I got mine from one of them. They advertise on Craigslist. Perhaps putting a wanted ad might work if there is someone in your area.

@ Tivona and Livin',

Well, my experience with pilgrim hatchlings is limited; I've only hatched them once before, and ended up with only ganders. I was able to find someone in VT willing to sell me a couple of 6 week old geese but they were older. Sooo, to my eye, it looks like I have four ganders and one goose.....? There's really only one that's notably darker in bill and down color. When they're indoors I keep thinking that there may be more than one goose, but I think it's just wishful thinking. I'd love to be wrong though; what do you guys think?

@ NorthFLChick, I ordered eggs from the address below. Love, love, love to hatch. : )
http://brownfoxfarm.weebly.com/for-sale.html

Taken inside in natural daylight.

Taken outside in sunlight.

@ Tivona and Livin',

Well, my experience with pilgrim hatchlings is limited; I've only hatched them once before, and ended up with only ganders. I was able to find someone in VT willing to sell me a couple of 6 week old geese but they were older. Sooo, to my eye, it looks like I have four ganders and one goose.....? There's really only one that's notably darker in bill and down color. When they're indoors I keep thinking that there may be more than one goose, but I think it's just wishful thinking. I'd love to be wrong though; what do you guys think?

@ NorthFLChick, I ordered eggs from the address below. Love, love, love to hatch. : )
http://brownfoxfarm.weebly.com/for-sale.html

Taken inside in natural daylight.

Taken outside in sunlight.
Well it does look like you have 4 ganders, yes. :(
But, that means you have a pair. :)

Also, two years back, my pilgrims produced what I thought were 3 young ganders, but one was actually a female, she had a double dilute gene. all wrong, of course, but it can happen.

Thanks eyeofthechicken! Actually Murray McMurray is who we got our last batch of chicks from but the Pilgrims were unavailable at that time. I was very pleased with their customer service and the chicks have been so healthy, I'll look at them again for the geese. I'll keep an eye out for them earlier so we can get a couple by late spring (hoping).

Thanks livininbrazil for letting me know where you got yours. I've never tried hatching before, but we'll get there eventually. Must be exciting waiting for the big day and then seeing what you get.

My Pilgrims arrived this morning looks like I have two boys and two girls I'm so excited!! they were happy

to get water so they are wet in the pic!!

Aww.
love.gif
So cute. I see 2 boys and one girl. The fourth one that is facing away is a girl?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom