Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

[COLOR=4B0082]It's an Orp Fort Knox! Love it :)[/COLOR]

You can bet that it is ! I've been at this a long time, and I've lived here for 24 years now. I've seen the deer move in, with the coyotes following them. Coyotes are now crossing with big dogs here, and some are growing to 75 lbs. Don't get me started on the nuts who are feeding the raccoons ! Some of those are running 45 lbs., and can tear almost anything but chain link apart. I'm in the city limits. We have a leash/ fencing law. Apparently most people have never read it.
And if your town is like Houston, no one enforces it either.

I am getting excited. My lemon flock is growing well. Soon there will be no buffs left. And my females are started to get stripey. Wohooo!

I do have one roster that has molted.. poor guy.. how log does it take for those beauties to grow back?

I haven't posted in awhile on here...I just thought I would jump in real quick and add a 'few' of my favorite pictures from the last few weeks
big_smile.png

100% English Black pullet 25 weeks in this pic.

100% English Black Cockerel 30 weeks in this pic. (full brother to above pullet)

Same cockerel as above.

full sister to the two above birds.

75% English BBS 22 weeks.
Splash and Blue pullets

Blue cockerel

Blue pullet

Blue,Splash and Black pullets

Splash pullet

Black Pullet

Splash and blue pullet

splash pullet

blue pullet

blue pullet

non-english lavender pullet 30 weeks old...I will be breeding these pullets to the 100% English Black cockerel from above to start my Lavender Project :)

You can bet that it is ! I've been at this a long time, and I've lived here for 24 years now. I've seen the deer move in, with the coyotes following them. Coyotes are now crossing with big dogs here, and some are growing to 75 lbs. Don't get me started on the nuts who are feeding the raccoons ! Some of those are running 45 lbs., and can tear almost anything but chain link apart. I'm in the city limits. We have a leash/ fencing law. Apparently most people have never read it.

Your place is a beautiful, safe, chicken heaven.. I am copying some ideas from your photos; but, mine will never be as good as yours. If I tried, I think it would take me about 50yrs. to get remotely close : ) Ohhh, the not so smart people who feed wild animals is a really tender subject matter with me as well. There are couple of new families in our area who are feeding deer, and leaving raw meat out at night. I found out about it couple of days ago which I am quite upset!! specially with the predator problems I have been having.. It is against the law to feed wild animals here in Ca., I will be talk to these neighbors, explain the state laws. Perhaps they are not aware of their illegal actions. No wonder all these predators have been popping up on my property..

Cuteness Incoming! These hatched a couple days ago. Broody has her hands full and is, as always, doing a great job!

OMG! Galanie, those babies are just too lovely and cute! Such a wonderful experience to have a mother hen and her chicks.

Back
Top Bottom