i dont have very great pics
hmm.png

50920_dsc_0022.jpg

50920_dscn8106.jpg

and some more pics
big_smile.png

50920_dscn8093.jpg

50920_dscn8096.jpg

my chickens live in it too with my duck and goose and these are some perches in it
50920_dsc_0003.jpg

Last edited:
I will take some better pictures once the pumpkin vines are off the duck run/aviary but here is mine.

55498_duck_house_run.jpg

The run/aviary (on the right of the picture) is 10' x 16'. Three sides are covered with 3' of wood fencing material and the top with 2x4 welded wire. The ceiling is also covered with welded wire.

The duck house is 6' x 8' and I continued with the pergola style of the run. In this picture, you cannot see the roof because it is completely hidden from the front and side, but it is visible from the back side. It has a human door and a duck door to the run.

55498_duck_house.jpg

The two rescued ducks turn out to be females and they have been laying non-stop for the last two weeks.

Here is a picture before I finished the project.

55498_1_small.jpg

During the day, they free range so they spend most of the time in the big pond, the brick patio, and sometimes even in the gazebo. These are on the other side of the property. (You can see the two ducks on the lower-left corner of the picture.)

55498_pond_gazebo.jpg

Last edited:
Sydney13, thanks for posting more pics. Everybody, Looks good. Sydney13, love the perches. also gives me ideas of what to put in the aviary(plant wise).

This first picture is what I started with in April of this year when I first got my babies:

56653_img_1072.jpg

This is still a work in progress, I am trying to decide what type plants/veggies to plant around the outside. Since I took these pictures last week, I have gone around the entire outside with white landscape fence, just to make it "pretty" The white fence is about a foot high and sits about 6 inches from the sides. I want to plant something in between the two - just not sure what yet, as I am sure they will eat anything I plant!! I am the proud owner of 4 mallards, 2 muskovy, 1 pekin, and 1 fawn runner and they all share this "home"

56653_img_1221.jpg

56653_img_1215.jpg

56653_img_1214.jpg

Quote:
I will only be planting where the mandarins and ringed teal will go, they haven't touched a single blade of grass in there pen.
where do you get your pine needle hay/straw?

Back
Top Bottom