Production Reds

I have 10 Production Reds with my leghorns and they don't get along too good, the leghorns peck on em' a lot

I have 6 hens that I got from the feed store that they told me were Production Reds. To be honest they look every bit like RIR hens shown on this site. They are still young (12 weeks) but not much difference appearance wise from a RIR.

New to raising chickens. I think I have 2 production reds in my flock and I think they are both pullets. They are 6 weeks old. Can anyone tell me what they think of they are. Any help is appreciated

They look just like my "Production" Reds!

Production reds are a cross between a new Hampshire cock and RIR hen

Thank you, been trying to get people understand that forever.

They claim that 1) a crops with leghorn. 2) four way cross of red chickens crossed with leghorn 3) same as red sex links.

Finally some one that agrees with me.

I have 5 production reds.2 are super friendly and will run up to you and hover around people in the yard and one is more aggressive and standoff-ish. I'm thinking about doing a test to see which ones are laying the most eggs. I got them a year-old from a egg production farm. They are quite simple creatures compared to our bantams, we call them the Zombies as they sneak up on us often lol.

Here's Fang, a hatchery RIR (so, production red, then?) She's 17 weeks and if her comb gets any redder I'll be amazed! Are hatchery reds supposed to mature early or is she just fooling? She's too skittish to touch and see if she squats and I can't catch her to feel her pelvic bones. When do they typically start to lay? She came from Dunlap hatchery in ID.

Back
Top Bottom