Raising a singular duckling

She's such a rude duck for not excusing herself to the restroom! Rofl xD
Oh I'm in love she's the sweetest thing.
She loves to throw her leg out when she's relaxed and it cracks me up.

Haaa, I love when they do that! My favorite part though are those tiny little wings of theirs. They can't do anything, they're so floofy that they're just two little nubs sticking straight out from their bodies! <3

I love when she raises straight up and just starts flapping them with all of her might xD priceless.

The TS limit on ducks should only be 2. Their baby chicks are 6!

I've always just got 2 ducklings at a time there. I'd ask

Last edited:
I've decided to call her Zaxby after my friend Zak who helped me purchase what I needed for her (awesome guy!)
Plus I figured it was a cute unisex name incase she turned into he.
Here she is before bed last night watching me put away clothes,

I already had, the guy said 6, no matter if it was duck or chick, and I could even mis match, but no less than six.
I do remember a time when one could get 2 or 4 but I guess things change?

There have been so very many cases of people buying a couple of ducks on impulse and then dumping them that TSC adjusted their policy to discourage that, I think.

It is not that you XxBLUExX would do it, but a lot of people do that. They get a duckling or two and have it as a toy, almost, and then when they start to grow up, out the ducklings go. People often abandon them on ponds. It's a rough way to go for a domestic duckling.

It is less convenient for all of us - I plan on adopting a few more Runners this year and might get ducklings if there are no young adults available - but I would rather we try to eliminate duckling dumping. Perhaps you can find someone on BYC in your area through the Where Am I Where Are You forum?

That makes sense
:/ poor little ducks that's so messed up.
Thanks for the suggestion!

I already had, the guy said 6, no matter if it was duck or chick, and I could even mis match, but no less than six.
I do remember a time when one could get 2 or 4 but I guess things change?

Bummer. Must be different by area. I just got 2 the other week. Maybe you could explain your situation to them and they could work something out if you can't find another one soon???
Our TS the other week wasn't selling the ducks and they were getting too big, so they put them on sale 2 for $1!!!!! Dumbest thing ever!!!! Poor ducks!!!!

Back
Top Bottom