Raising a singular duckling

Wow 2 for $1 that's really sad!
I plan to go up there at some point this week to see if anything can be worked out.

Well our tractor supply gets day old chicks every Monday and that's where the girl got her, because someone bought 5 chicks so she could get 1 duck.
And I aquired her on Tuesday of last week so she's been with people for a good portion of her little duck life.

If they don't want to work with you, maybe you can ask all the perspective duck/chicken customers if they would by your duck(s) for you. Either it would work and you would get your duck(s) or you might irritate the staff so they would sell you one or two ducks.
roll.png

Well our tractor supply gets day old chicks every Monday and that's where the girl got her, because someone bought 5 chicks so she could get 1 duck.
And I aquired her on Tuesday of last week so she's been with people for a good portion of her little duck life.

Wow, so they have a limit of 6 including ducks but yet will let someone get just one duck as long as 6 (mix) are bought??? That's crazy! Have you called around to other TS to see if they are doing the same thing??

I haven't checked around, there's two others that I could drive to, I plan on calling them when I get home today to see what's up.

My TSC requires 6 chicks but only 2 ducklings. I'm shocked the allowed only one duck to meet the 6 min. That kinda defeats the purpose of 2 so one won't be alone. My feed store doesn't have a requirement but they won't just sell one if you don't have more.

Last edited:
Honestly the employees there don't seem like they really know much about anything (when I went there to buy a brooder lamp and food I was feeding her ultra kibble for 3 days before I realized it was a supplement but they guy told me it was their food!!) plus he didn't know where anything was... Yikes.

Lol such a shame. Well I'm still looking for a feathered friend.
Seems no one around me has ducklings!!

Finally found a guy two counties over with some week old jumbo Pekin/Pekin crosses.
Going to pick one or two up Thursday. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom