Rhode island? Ocean state, anyone else out there?

Quote:
It's at the Washing ton County Fairgrounds. It usually starts early 8-9ish, and It ios on April 18th. you can look it up on the RI poultry Fanciers website.

Hello thedoors5to1 and
welcome-byc.gif
!!

I'm down in Exeter, but if we're both in RI we must be neighbors!
wink.png

I guess I'm a little late to this thread...I am in Riverside. I am totally "illegal" and under cover.
hide.gif
I am in the process of building a new coop that looks like a kid's play house this summer. I am making it bigger than the one we have now. Going from a 5wx5dx6h coop t a 8dx12wx8h deluxe mini mansion.
wee.gif
D.gif
I have 5 bantams (1 buff cochin, 2 SLWs, 1 Sultan, 1 Golden Sebright) and 2 standard Buff Orpingtons.
love.gif

I am hoping to have my 2 SLWs give me some babies next spring. One is a roo and so far, he is quiet. My neighbor's all have crazy loud dogs and one roo would be a pin drop compared to the non stop yowling in my neighborhood. Even the song birds are louder than my chickens.
Our new coop will have a 4x8 section for broody hens, injury care or new babies. I have read so many great ideas on BYC and I think I have a coop plan that will make my hens and me happy for years to come!

Hey Rhode Islanders! I am living illegally with my 9 peeps in Providence. The good news is, we have a petition now and are meeting with the ordinance committee in the next few weeks to change the laws here in Prov. Anyone who is a resident of Providence please contact me - maybe we can meet to get your signature on this petition!

Hi!
I live in Johnston. Our family has had chickens since April, and I have become completely addicted to the BYC.com boards. I am not sure if we are "legal" or not but we have the blessings of our immediate neighbors. The guy on one side gave up materials to use in building the coop and the family on the other side told us that they had a dozen chickens 15 years ago. So I think we are good.
smile.png

Erin

Hi all, Bluemoon's spawn here. I am a lurker extraordinaire.
wink.png

Lived in RI for uhm... Ever. I can't be called a true Rhode Islander though. I hate coffee milk and all types of seafood. Haha. My friend owns alpacas in Johnston. Not exactly sure if that's legal, but she lives down the Smithfield end of town anyway so I'm sure they can't complain too much.
roll.png
I unfortunately don't own any chickens there.
hmm.png
My Bantam Army is being hatched and raised in Michigan.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom