Rhode island? Ocean state, anyone else out there?

I don't think I know you, since I don't think I know any other Providence chicken people. Was not involved in the recent ordinance, since I only heard of it a few days before it passed. I am on the East Side.

I was wondering if anyone has a silkie chick available. I had only one hatch and she is breaking my heart...she's lonely. PM me if you have one that I could buy from you. Thank you.

Tiverton RI. My wife is born and raised RI/MA. We met some years ago and lo and behold, we are back here. Rented a house and they just got 24 layers and got orders to Hawaii for a year. So we took over the 'family business". I went and bought her a horse for Christmas...but that's another thread..and a different site..

North Kingstown. No chickens as of yet - just learning at the moment.

Are there any good, local feed and supply stores in RI?

-Okt

If anyone is interested, I am selling BQ buff silkie cockerals for $15. I am located in CT, but right on the RI line. I am also attending the Little Rhody show in October if you want to pick up there. PM me if interested. Thanks!
smile.png

BUMP!!! GO RI!!!!!!! im from little old Chepachet, RI the town that coined the famous phrase "NO SCHOOL FOSTER GLOCESTER" (chepachet is a little village within Glocster)

I now live with my dad right over the line into CT...across the street from the oldest fair in the country, THE BROOKLYN FAIR!!! pretty cool i love RI...and im moving back to my grandmothers farm in Chepachet once she leaves it to me. Its the oldest working farm in the town....the Steere Family colonized this whole area way back when, powering the town with electricity with my grandmothers grist mill...and they would cut ice from the pond, store it in saw dust from the sawmill also run by the river and sell it year round in providence to everybody, brought it there by horse and buggy...took a whole day. now it takes just 25 mins. Lots of great history im glad im a part of that. Cant wait to run the FARM!!!

Back
Top Bottom